What's new

facebook app

c0nrad721

Reaction score
hi guys,

wifey gave me a problem about her iPhone and is giving me tons of headache.
she deleted a facebook app and tried to re-install it.
however, the new app requires a version 4.3 or higher, so here goes:

iphone version is 4.1 with modem firmware 02.10.04
its currently unlocked using a Gevey sim.

1. how can i install a facebook app that will work on the current phone configuration?
2. is there a way to upgrade the phone software without losing the gevey sim unlock?
3. is there already an available way to unlock the phone without using the gevey sim?

regards to all,
conrad from muscat

Agreed. Factory unlocks would do wonders so that you won't have to worry about losing it. But you can however, try updating the iOS and baseband as well but not to the point where your Gevey won't be able to function (basebands 04.11.08 and 04.12.01). That way, your wife'll get support for the Facebook app without having to download an older version and installing it using the piracy app tweak to sync from Cydia, and you'll still be able to use your Gevey. To do this, you'll need your SHSH blobs.

The availability of your factory unlocked depends on how much you are willing to pay. AT&T USA iPhones being the cheapest.

This phone is from AT&T. How can I get the factory unlock? Im really ignorant about this stuff. Sorry.

Agreed. Factory unlocks would do wonders so that you won't have to worry about losing it. But you can however, try updating the iOS and baseband as well but not to the point where your Gevey won't be able to function (basebands 04.11.08 and 04.12.01). That way, your wife'll get support for the Facebook app without having to download an older version and installing it using the piracy app tweak to sync from Cydia, and you'll still be able to use your Gevey. To do this, you'll need your SHSH blobs.

Where can I get the Software Update so that Gevey can still work?
Please point me to the first step I need to make and maybe I can figure out the rest of the steps.
What is SHSH blobs?

If its an AT&T, you can buy one off of eBay or something for 10$. It'll support every baseband on the iPhone as you already know so there's no need for the Gevey anymore. It takes a day or so to process but it's worth it since its only 10$ for it compared to the 100+ for the CDMA IMEI unlocks

SHSH blobs are signature hash blobs, which simulate the signing of Apple when you're restoring or using an IPSW that's no longer being signed and it's window had closed like the iOS 6.0 and below iOS at this point

If its an AT&T, you can buy one off of eBay or something for 10$. It'll support every baseband on the iPhone as you already know so there's no need for the Gevey anymore. It takes a day or so to process but it's worth it since its only 10$ for it compared to the 100+ for the CDMA IMEI unlocks

SHSH blobs are signature hash blobs, which simulate the signing of Apple when you're restoring or using an IPSW that's no longer being signed and it's window had closed like the iOS 6.0 and below iOS at this point

thank you so much.
i think i can handle it from here.
this site is awesome with awesome people in it!

Last edited:
You could also run FB from Safari and create an icon for it, instead of the native app

You could also run FB from Safari and create an icon for it, instead of the native app

Which is actually a better choice I'd agree since the Facebook app isn't the best of apps as is.

Which is actually a better choice I'd agree since the Facebook app isn't the best of apps as is.

i went to this route already, and facebook closes immediately to homescreen.
thanks for the advise though.

i dont know but facebook site closes immediately to homescreen when i open it from safari.

just to give this thread an update:

wifey now is happy with her facebook app back again.
phone now is on 6.0.1, thanks to the Factory Unlock that one of our good friends here offered me.
im so satisfied with the help he has given.

thanks for all the assistance you guys extended.
again, this site is awesome.