What's new

External Hard Drive.

NTFS is a windows filesystem, the driver allows you to use the drive on a Mac. If you only want to use it on a Mac and never windows then format the drive when you get it. Otherwise use the driver included

NTFS is a windows filesystem, the driver allows you to use the drive on a Mac. If you only want to use it on a Mac and never windows then format the drive when you get it. Otherwise use the driver included
Ah right, I will just be using it on the MacBook.

I settled on a WD Passport in the end, Just need to reformat it at some point.

Still taking all the photos I didn't get done last year and after buying a new camera for the job.

I've been using Toshiba 1tb external HD using it almost 2 years now it works great try to include this brand on your list.

I settled on a WD Passport in the end, Just need to reformat it at some point.

Still taking all the photos I didn't get done last year and after buying a new camera for the job.
I used to build my own computers and I've always had good experience with Western Digital devices.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Seagate? They seem cheaper than some so just wondering if they any good.

We don't use seagate here at work due to their high failure rate on larger drives

I must be an exception as I've had fairly good luck with Seagate drives. I've had several that were 1TB and a few 500GB models and some are still in use.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I used to build my own computers and I've always had good experience with Western Digital devices.
I was between WD and Toshiba, From what I have read both are very good.