What's new

EXTERNAL Battery Pack

I dont know if i understand you question. With that battery pack, when you phone gets low, you turn it on and it charges it up. Thats about all there is to that. From what I have seen that is how all of them work.

I have a friend who has it and it behaves like this: once you connect it to your iphone, the screen goes like charging and keeps like that until the battery pack drains itself completelly then once it has finished you start using iphone battery.

so... during the time you are using battery pack, the screen shows always 100% of iphone battery.

My doubt is, would that slowly (edit) the battery life time up?

Thanks,

Igor

Moderator edit...removed inappropriate language Please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
IgorOV said:
I have a friend who has it and it behaves like this: once you connect it to your iphone, the screen goes like charging and keeps like that until the battery pack drains itself completelly then once it has finished you start using iphone battery.

so... during the time you are using battery pack, the screen shows always 100% of iphone battery.

My doubt is, would that slowly (edit) the battery life time up?

Thanks,

Igor

Moderator edit...removed inappropriate language Please read the forum rules.

Igor-your post has been edited-please watch the language when posting!

Thanks,
Ski ~
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Igor-your post has been edited-please watch the language when posting!

Thanks,
Ski ~
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Sorry, english is not my main language
I could not find another word to explain what I meant about the battery possible future problem

Sorry, english is not my main language
I could not find another word to explain what I meant about the battery possible future problem

personally i would stick with one that you turn on and off. Then you have control over what it does and when it does it. if you dont need to use the battery, then no reason to have it turn on. Also the external battery packs can take a while to charge. 4-5 hours depending on brand and how high the input is. I would personally wait to get a external if i was you. A lot of very good ones are right about to come out that are "apple certified". Then lenmar meridian and the mophie helium come to mind. They are a tad spendy, but you get what you pay for. Their output's are at 1000mah, so they will charge a phone like its plugged into a wall socket. Most of the others out right now are 400-700mah, which is more like being plugged into your pc. Also their inputs are higher so they charge decently fast. As of right now there are no really great battery cases out for the iphone 5. If you dont need a battery cases and dont mind carrying the cord then they're lots of options out there. My current external battery charger uses 2 AA batteries. I use 2500ishmah rechargable battery's, its something that will last forever. plus if im in a pickle i can always just grab some AA batteries.

Anywho, i wish you luck good sir.

personally i would stick with one that you turn on and off. Then you have control over what it does and when it does it. if you dont need to use the battery, then no reason to have it turn on. Also the external battery packs can take a while to charge. 4-5 hours depending on brand and how high the input is. I would personally wait to get a external if i was you. A lot of very good ones are right about to come out that are "apple certified". Then lenmar meridian and the mophie helium come to mind. They are a tad spendy, but you get what you pay for. Their output's are at 1000mah, so they will charge a phone like its plugged into a wall socket. Most of the others out right now are 400-700mah, which is more like being plugged into your pc. Also their inputs are higher so they charge decently fast. As of right now there are no really great battery cases out for the iphone 5. If you dont need a battery cases and dont mind carrying the cord then they're lots of options out there. My current external battery charger uses 2 AA batteries. I use 2500ishmah rechargable battery's, its something that will last forever. plus if im in a pickle i can always just grab some AA batteries.

Anywho, i wish you luck good sir.

Where did you buy yours? The one which uses 2 AA Batteries.

Do you have pict of it?

Regards,

Igor

Amazon.com: Innovative Digital USB Cell Phone Emergency Charger for Apple iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, Android Phones, Smart Phones plus other cell phones: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: Verbatim 97928 AA Power Pack Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Its something VERY similar to them(but not them and dont get them, those are just examples). I really dont know where I got my exact one from(shop around). Get that and a 4 pack of 2nd gen eneloops(2000mah) and you would be good for a while. Them batteries can be charged around 1500 times and hold a charge for a loooooong time.

The specific phone charger doesnt matter as much as the batteries you put into it(but it does matter a little). Just make sure(if you can) that the output is around 1000mah.

batteries and battery charger >> Amazon.com: eneloop NEW 2000mAh Typical, 1900mAh Minimum, 1500 cycle, 4 Pack AA, Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries with 4 Position Charger: Electronics

Last edited: