What's new

Exchanging my iPhone 6

Bigger is better. You can trust me. I'm from Texas.
This could run and run but in the end its all down to what we find is best for each of us, In my case at the moment its 4.7 but who knows next year i could change and go for the 5.5, the Plus 6s or whatever it will be called.

Gutted, got a text from my mobile provider this afternoon!

We're sorry, but due to limited stock availability your iPhone 6 Plus won't be ready on the estimated date you were given. We're working closely with Apple to make sure it's with you no later than 15/10/2014.

I wasn't given a estimated delivery date in the first place, peed off hearing this, the day before I wasn't meant to have it delivered! Grrr

Frankly, going from a 6 to a 6+ just gets you a larger device, not more of an upgrade. The reason to get the 6+ is the greater battery life. A lot of the apps on the 6+ just seem stretched, not better. It could be that developers will use the extra screen real estate differently after some time, but right now mostly what you see is just larger stuff on the screen.

Personally, if I had a 5S I would not upgrade. I'd wait until the 6S or 7. There you will notice more of a impact for your money. I'm coming from a 4S, so getting the 6+ is a big noticeable upgrade to me. And all of the features of iOS8 are on board, plus the buttery smooth TouchID, and NFC-based payments with Apple Pay. If you upgrade every year, then you are not going to see a whole out of stuff that makes it feel worth the upgrade. And the size of the 6+ is not optimal if you use the device as a phone most of the time. I consider my 6+ as a go-everywhere-with-me computer 1st, and a phone second. For me, the bigger screen gives me more options to read stuff....I still find I will use my mini for giving takes and stuff, but now I can use my phone more for reviewing notes, reading manuals, PDF, etc. I don't need to always grab the iPad for that stuff. The 4S was totally useless for reading, IMO.

In the end, only you can decide what feels like a good upgrade for you. But other than battery life and a larger screen, you aren't gaining much by moving from a 6 to a 6+.
Not strictly so. The 6 plus camera has significant improvements over the 6 also.

Picked up the iPhone 6 plus from the apple store today. Resolution is outstanding.
Loving every minute of it.

Not strictly so. The 6 plus camera has significant improvements over the 6 also.

What significant improvements? Image stabilization? Most are saying that it doesn't improve shots enough to justify making this a decision point. What other improvements are there?

What significant improvements? Image stabilization? Most are saying that it doesn't improve shots enough to justify making this a decision point. What other improvements are there?
If you shoot videos then image stabilization rocks! I get comments all the time from family/friends on how steady the video looks and if I'm using a tripod while shooting said video. Battery life is as good as my previous phone(Razr Maxx HD)

Like what everyone is telling you've made the right choice. I agree with them because 6 plus is more different when you compare it with 5s, unlike the iphone 6.:cool: