What's new

"Embedded" apps

gav

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question in relation to "embedded" apps, i.e games centre, compass, nike etc... Can these be deleted from the phone as I don't use them, and they're annoying as they clutter up my screen.

I am interested to know if there's a way to be rid of them?

Thankyou

Gav

Hey Gav,

There are a couple of ways to get rid of these annoying icons.

Some people make a folder for them and move them to the last screen, that way they are out of sight.

Another way is by hiding the icons, you can do this if your phone is Jailbroken, either by using an app called 'Poof', or by doing it via SBSettings which is also an app on Jailbroken only phones.

As for removing them altogether, you can probably do it (only on a Jailbroken phone) but it would be much safer, quicker and easier for you to do it using Poof or SBSettings.

Good luck!!

Hey Gav,

There are a couple of ways to get rid of these annoying icons.

Some people make a folder for them and move them to the last screen, that way they are out of sight.

Another way is by hiding the icons, you can do this if your phone is Jailbroken, either by using an app called 'Poof', or by doing it via SBSettings which is also an app on Jailbroken only phones.

As for removing them altogether, you can probably do it (only on a Jailbroken phone) but it would be much safer, quicker and easier for you to do it using Poof or SBSettings.

Good luck!!

agreed i just use the sbsettings to hide them, you can ssh into thephone and delete them outright but im not sure what errors that might cause down the road