What's new

Removing Apple's apps

Pauladkinsau

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to remove some apps that Apple thinks I must have. I have no need for Game Centre, newsstand, reminders, etc. They won't give me the little x when I press on them. Any clues?

Not really. I think there's a couple tricks to hide them if not jail broken but not sure how reliable they are. Jail breaking seems to be the most reliable way. I usually hide them in a folder and put them off on their own screen so they aren't in the way. I wish apple would let us tank Game Center, useless, persistent, and annoying in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello,

I want to remove some apps that Apple thinks I must have. I have no need for Game Centre, newsstand, reminders, etc. They won't give me the little x when I press on them. Any clues?
as far as i know you can't remove the apps that were already in your phone,you can however put them all in one folder so they aren't spread around,hold one down to make them all wiggle then drag one on top of the other so they are altogether in one folder.

Try using Rage3hack. You'd have to access the link directly on your device via Safari, and you can select each the option for the stock app that you want to hide. Note that if you turn off and turn on your device (reboot) or reset your device, they'll reappear again, but that's as close to removing them on a non-jailbroken iOS device.

Try using Rage3hack. You'd have to access the link directly on your device via Safari, and you can select each the option for the stock app that you want to hide. Note that if you turn off and turn on your device (reboot) or reset your device, they'll reappear again, but that's as close to removing them on a non-jailbroken iOS device.

Thanks all, was afraid that would be the answer.

Apple wonder why they can't crack the serious business market, yet they continue to treat their users as children.

Thanks all, was afraid that would be the answer.

Apple wonder why they can't crack the serious business market, yet they continue to treat their users as children.

If they were to open their OS like they did with Google, we'd have more Malware than Android users considering how our consumer base is significantly larger than the Android pool on a global scale.