What's new

Email Mailboxes and Syncing

MrBenchMark

Reaction score
I am curious as to how I can directly sync my email that's on my iPhone with the email that's on my iMac. I do subscribe to MobileMe, so I am surprised it doesn't. I just recently found out that the emails I delete on my iPhone (and I assume vice versa) don't delete on my iMac back at home. I can receive 30 emails and delete them on my iPhone but when I get home those same 30 emails are still on my iMac and unread.

Also, and I'm guessing this has to do with syncing as well, where's my mailboxes on my iPhone that's on my iMac?

I hope I clarified the question good enough.

Wow...this question must've really stumped everyone...

I'm not sure if this will help u but check to see if u have it set to a smtp.me.com and make sure the setting is turned on. I have a mobile me account and have no problems. My calendars, contacts, mail and notes are always up to date on both my phone and my Mac.
Hope this helped.

I just found another thing. You need to find your mailbox behavior on your phone. It will be under.
1. Settings
2. Mail, contacts, calendars
3. "your mobile me account"
4. Account
5. Mail
6. Advanced

Click on deleted mailbox and make sure it's set to "on the server" not "on my iPhone"

That should do it. Let me know if It does work. Thanks

I just found another thing. You need to find your mailbox behavior on your phone. It will be under.
1. Settings
2. Mail, contacts, calendars
3. "your mobile me account"
4. Account
5. Mail
6. Advanced

Click on deleted mailbox and make sure it's set to "on the server" not "on my iPhone"

That should do it. Let me know if It does work. Thanks

Thanks for your reply but I believe I've found a way to do it, or should I say Apple told me how to do it. I created a gmail account and forwarded my sbcglobal mail to it. Now all my mailboxes show up in Mail on my iMac and on my iPhone. Now they're all synced together and it works great...!

Thanks to both of you, Boatermotorsob and Mrbenchmark, for helping me half a year later!! I'm a newbie, and just joined the forum today so I could find out how to AVOID losing saved messages on my laptop when I sync next time after deleting messages from my iPhone - - messages, I mean that I don't want on my phone but do want on my laptop. That's exactly the opposite preference from boatermotorsob's, but I was afraid to sync up, fearing I would lose mail on my laptop. Inspired by Benchmark's reply, I tapped through into the inner recesses of the iPhone's settings, found "Delete from server" set to "Never", and just let it remain that way, solving my particular problem, I hope. My laptop's already telling the server to delete retrieved messages after a week, so that should do the trick.
I see that this forum can provide great assistance.
Thanks again!