What's new

Editing Tool - *.PNG To *.JPG

mfterka

Reaction score
I was using iPhoto to edit any captures on my iPhone becase that automatically turned the photo to a JPG file but now iPhoto is not supported bu iOS 8?

Can anyone suggest a substitute? I hate using the editor in the native Photo app as it doesn't convert the saved file to a JPG and it also hangs on to the original.

It may be overkill for what you want (as it does so much more), but the app "Adobe Photoshop Touch for Phone" ($4.99, USD) allows you to save any picture as a .jpg or a .png file. You just select the format you want as you are saving it to the camera roll.

Maybe it'll do ya?

Marilyn

Thank you very much for your input - both sound interesting and I check them out.

For now what I am doing is importing photos from the Camera Roll into Camera+, editing them there, then saving the edits - now turned into jpg format. Adobe sounds interesting.

It may be overkill for what you want (as it does so much more), but the app "Adobe Photoshop Touch for Phone" ($4.99, USD) allows you to save any picture as a .jpg or a .png file. You just select the format you want as you are saving it to the camera roll.

Maybe it'll do ya?

Marilyn

I DID go and get Adobe PS Touch as it looked like iPhoto isn't being upgraded but man it will take some work to get up to speed on it lol.

It looks quite powerfull but also pretty complicated. I'm guessing I will have to dive into the YouTube tutorials to have a chance to get it to work.

I hear you! I've had this app for a while now and I'm still learning what it does.

Still, it's one of my "go to" apps that I'm so glad I have. Hope you do, too.

Marilyn

Looks like I will have to dedicate a morning to it to get a grip!