What's new

Echo

beliveauj

Reaction score
Have two 4s iphones(just got)When someone calls my wifes phone that person hears a echo after every word they say.I switched
sim cards and then It does it on the other phone.Any ideas?

Well i'm not using a case or any headphones.It has to be something with the sim card because when I switch it back and forth between the two phones it only makes that phone create a echo on the other end.My end either way is fine.

Have two 4s iphones(just got)When someone calls my wifes phone that person hears a echo after every word they say.I switched sim cards and then It does it on the other phone.Any ideas?
it's odd that it only does the echo on one SIM and not the other. It sounds like a mic issue. A temporary fix might be to use the speaker phone. If it's the SIM, you may just have to get another one.

Last edited:
Ordered new sim from Straight Talk so we will see.

Got my IP4 in 2010 and I was at the AT&T store or something a year or so later and AT&T had upgraded the sim card. Now this was only a year after they came out with the sim for the IP4. They upgrade sims for a lot of reason and more often than you might imagine. It is possible that the one sim needs to be replaced, the advise you got might just be good advise.

No the sim card wasn't it.If I turn the speaker on the echo stops on their end but when I turn it off its back.Good thing eveyrone calls my wife and not me.

I started hearing myself like that when I talked to my wife. Started hearing it on Saturday. She heard nothing. Problem was fixed by her turning her sound volume down.

It went to back to Apple for repair so we will see what happens.

Well the phone is back from Apple where they couldn't find anything wrong.Turned it on and it does the same thing.Well I refuse to sell it with that issue and give the next person a problem so am tossing it in the garbage.Going back to android so thanks for the help.

I finally found the cause of the echo I was hearing of myself, when talking to my wife. I had at first thought her volume was turned too high. Here's the cause. She was moving her phone higher back toward her ear. This caused the mic to be pressed against her cheek. At least partially, if not totally. If the mic is covered by the person you're talking to, you'll hear your echo. So many of these issues could be that. If you hear the echo, ask the other person to be sure their phone's mic isn't pressed against their cheek, or covered some other way.