What's new

Dropbox file transfer

Snige

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone tell me please how you move files around within DropBox on your iPhone (predominantly uploaded files).
Now, I read a blog a few weeks ago showing me exactly how to do this using dropbox in conjunction with quickoffice. It worked really well. But stupidly I didn't write the method down and now I've forgotten how to do it.

Does anyone know that method,

Hoping do,

Snige.

i have Dropbox on my iphone and two MacBooks, i don't exactly what you're trying do other than having a file put into dropbox and made available in other locations/computers with dropbox.

Ok. What I want to achieve is this. On the DropBox iPhone app you cannot move a file from one folder to another. You can only view or create new folders. I want to be able to move a newly uploaded file from 'Uploads' to any folder within DropBox.

As I said in the first post I am aware you can do this by using QuickOffice to essentially take the folder from DropBox and re-insert that file into a new location within DropBox.

Snige.

its seems a simple solution to this would be to make copy and paste available. When i'm in DB and copy a photo to clipboard, i can paste the photo to a Text Message, but not within dropbox, it doesn't allow Pasting.

Copy and Pasting something from one file folder to another would make life easier moving files within DB. Hopefully they add this option.