What's new

Downloading iOS 13 public beta

It has seemed to settle down now as I am getting less drain then from the initial install. All is working well. No bugs to speak of. At first there was a significant battery drain, after a few days it has gone back to normal. My battery is not that old, so before anyone jumps on me about that. Shows 100% capacity. Iā€™ve also got optimized battery charging set.
IMG_1040.JPG

Will have to wait for next update to see if it does it again upon initial install. Donā€™t think itā€™s a beta issue, maybe just due to things getting rearranged and such. I am happy with everything so far as I can tell. Liking the dark mode a lot!! And the other features as well. Wish I would have signed up for this long ago as. Anyhow, glad that battery drain is back to normal and that there doesnā€™t seem to be any bugs that I have encountered while using my phone. Mostly am on YouTube, emails, text messages, and Tapatalk forum app.

It is quite normal for things to not function as expected just after an iOS update whether or not it is a beta update. Over the space of several hours to days things settle down as indexing finishes and you can get a real idea of how the update will function in the long term.
If you're running beta software you should always read the release notes before updating so as to not be taken unawares by any known bugs and issues.

Last edited:
I can honestly say I donā€™t use Siri or voice to text very often if at all. But I have noticed a spike in battery drainage. Maybe it will calm down after a little while.
Not a fan of Siri or voice to txt. Iā€™m originally from the southeast coast so she has a hard time understanding me. But been in AZ for nearly 10 years so My southern accent isnā€™t as harsh as it used to be so it works better than it used to. But still donā€™t like it. Funny thing voice to txt on my watch works better than the phone

It is quite normal for things to not function as expected just after an iOS update whether or not it is a beta update. Over the space of several hours to days things settle down as indexing finishes and you can get a real idea of how the update will function in the long term.
If you're running beta software you should always read the release notes before updating so as to not be taken unawares by any known bugs and issues.
Iā€™ve noticed after an update beta or regular if I restart it once a day the first day or so I donā€™t have nearly as many issues. Biggest one Iā€™ve found on 13 is WiFi dropping me. Donā€™t matter if Iā€™m at home or on one of three I have at work. Iā€™ll have a full signal and all of a sudden itā€™ll disconnect. Sometimes it will even tell me the password is wrong. Yes I have auto join on

This morning I updated my iPhone XR and my iPad Pro 11 to iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 Public betas 2.
After updating both I realised Iā€™d lost access to my mail account on both devices.
Panic set in, but it was soon allayed as I was informed my mail providers servers had ā€˜diedā€™ and they were frantically trying to fix it.
What a coincidence! Had me going for a while though!.

Edit: Turns out Iā€™m one of the millions of unfortunate Yahoo! Mail customers who are all pulling out their hair at the moment. Good job I have a Gmail account to fall back on. [emoji57]

Last edited:
It has seemed to settle down now as I am getting less drain then from the initial install. All is working well. No bugs to speak of. At first there was a significant battery drain, after a few days it has gone back to normal. My battery is not that old, so before anyone jumps on me about that. Shows 100% capacity. Iā€™ve also got optimized battery charging set. View attachment 46860
Will have to wait for next update to see if it does it again upon initial install. Donā€™t think itā€™s a beta issue, maybe just due to things getting rearranged and such. I am happy with everything so far as I can tell. Liking the dark mode a lot!! And the other features as well. Wish I would have signed up for this long ago as. Anyhow, glad that battery drain is back to normal and that there doesnā€™t seem to be any bugs that I have encountered while using my phone. Mostly am on YouTube, emails, text messages, and Tapatalk forum app.
Wow... It's dark

Yes dark mode is just that, dark! It is very nice and not hard on the eyes! I am really liking the way it looks and now that things have settled down, my battery consumption is about back to if not normal as was. There are a lot of things that are to come with the new IOS. Good stuff that is for sure.

Batteries good here. Going from 3.0 to 3.1 has allowed me to now answer my calls with the slider.
I donā€™t use SIRI as it canā€™t understand what I am saying as I am deaf. Ironically, Alexa understands me fine.