What's new

downgrading to lower version

Indianavi

Reaction score
I have upgraded my iPhone 4 to 6.01
is it possible that I downgrade it to some version lower then 6.0?
The reason is when I upgraded to 6.0 I can not see the facetime app in my iPhone. is there any other way to get it on iphone?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I can't tell you how to download to 6.0 but I didn't realize that FaceTime was gone. I also tried to have Siri launch it and she said she doesn't see an app called FaceTime.

Is anybody else experiencing this? What happened to it? It's still listed in the settings.
Have you tried searching for it with Spotlight on your phone?
(Spotlight is the search screen on your phone)

From what I've read, providing you have the proper SHSH blobs saved for your device, you can downgrade with the latest redsn0w. Don't quote me on that. Just google it unless you know where to look. I can't post external links but if you search sinfuliphone, they have that info

As long as you have SHSH blobs on a non-A5 device, you can downgrade at any time. In some cases, you might run into a baseband error, so do be careful not to downgrade too far or you can potentially brick your device. The only way to get your blobs now for a non iOS 6 is to have them saved on Cydia's servers already, which requires that you've jailbroken your iPhone 4 at one point and ran Cydia at least once. If you've never jailbroken your iPhone 4 before, unfortunately you're stuck where you are.

Isn't it incorporated in your contacts now? Since it's not limited to Wifi only anymore with iOS 6.0.1

Last edited:
I know when I first got my iPhone that FaceTime had an icon. It's no longer there.

When I google this problem I am seeing people say there is no icon for FaceTime. If you go to your contacts you will see FaceTime there. So I don't know what happened to the icon but FaceTime is available.
Sorry my bad
Saw Facetime, read Facebook
There is no icon or app for Face Time.
To Face Time, open a contact and instead of tapping the contacts number, look further down the screen and tap Face Time
Seems the right way to do it to me

Last edited:
I have upgraded my iPhone 4 to 6.01
is it possible that I downgrade it to some version lower then 6.0?
The reason is when I upgraded to 6.0 I can not see the facetime app in my iPhone. is there any other way to get it on iphone?

Thanks in advance.

There is no need to downgrade just to get FaceTime. It is already there

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I know when I first got my iPhone that FaceTime had an icon. It's no longer there.

When I google this problem I am seeing people say there is no icon for FaceTime. If you go to your contacts you will see FaceTime there. So I don't know what happened to the icon but FaceTime is available.
Really hate to call this out... but you are mistaken. And this needs to be clarified. There hasn't been a Facetime icon on an iPhone since 4.2.1... I do believe. I'm not 100% certain on what iOS version they got rid of it.... however, your iPhone 5 most certainly did not have a Facetime icon at any point in time.

Really hate to call this out... but you are mistaken. And this needs to be clarified. There hasn't been a Facetime icon on an iPhone since 4.2.1... I do believe. I'm not 100% certain on what iOS version they got rid of it.... however, your iPhone 5 most certainly did not have a Facetime icon at any point in time.

+1. Just noticed that too. But that's on the iPhone only, on the other devices, I think there's still the Facetime app unless it's the 3/4G one

But that's on the iPhone only, on the other devices, I think there's still the Facetime app unless it's the 3/4G one
Correct... your iPad and iPod Touch will still have a Facetime app. Does it matter, though, if it has a cellular radio?

I am glad that I wasn't the only one wondering about the FaceTime icon on the iPhone. Coming from droid and having already an iPod touch and an iPad, I just expected to find the FaceTime icon on the iPhone. Glad this was asked.

As long as you have SHSH blobs on a non-A5 device, you can downgrade at any time. In some cases, you might run into a baseband error, so do be careful not to downgrade too far or you can potentially brick your device. The only way to get your blobs now for a non iOS 6 is to have them saved on Cydia's servers already, which requires that you've jailbroken your iPhone 4 at one point and ran Cydia at least once. If you've never jailbroken your iPhone 4 before, unfortunately you're stuck where you are.

Isn't it incorporated in your contacts now? Since it's not limited to Wifi only anymore with iOS 6.0.1

With tinyumbrella, you don't need to be jailbroken to save your SHSH blobs. Yes, to have previous SHSH you need to have jailbroken

That's assuming you saved your blobs manually though Apple. The easier way around it would be to have them on Cydia and kept there so that you won't have to worry about losing them if your computer BSoDs you and crashes or if you switch computers

willerz2 said:
That's assuming you saved your blobs manually though Apple. The easier way around it would be to have them on Cydia and kept there so that you won't have to worry about losing them if your computer BSoDs you and crashes or if you switch computers

How do you have them saved on Cydia?