What's new

Downgrade from ios 8.2 to ios 8.1.2

inieuwoudt1

Reaction score
Since IOS 8.1.2 is not signed anymore by Apple - Is it possible in ANY way downgrading from IOS 8.2 to 8.1.2?
Maybe using TinyUmbrella?

If not can I jailbreak ios 8.2 and is it safe?

Thank you for your time

Sorry, but no, you cannot downgrade to iOS 8.1.2. And - iOS 8.2 is not jailbreakable at this time.

All you can do is wait and hope a jailbreak becomes available soon.

Marilyn

Since IOS 8.1.2 is not signed anymore by Apple - Is it possible in ANY way downgrading from IOS 8.2 to 8.1.2?
Maybe using TinyUmbrella?

If not can I jailbreak ios 8.2 and is it safe?

Thank you for your time
I'm afraid that it's not possible by any means to downgrade from iOS 8.2 to iOS 8.1.2. The last part of the procedure when installing an iOS version is an online verification with Apple servers. If Apple detects that you're trying to install an iOS version that's no longer signed, the installation will fail.

At this time there is no jailbreak available for iOS 8.2. If you're currently on iOS 8.2, all you can do is wait until a jailbreak for iOS 8.2 is released.

I'm afraid that it's not possible by any means to downgrade from iOS 8.2 to iOS 8.1.2. The last part of the procedure when installing an iOS version is an online verification with Apple servers. If Apple detects that you're trying to install an iOS version that's no longer signed, the installation will fail.

At this time there is no jailbreak available for iOS 8.2. If you're currently on iOS 8.2, all you can do is wait until a jailbreak for iOS 8.2 is released.

Sorry, but no, you cannot downgrade to iOS 8.1.2. And - iOS 8.2 is not jailbreakable at this time.

All you can do is wait and hope a jailbreak becomes available soon.

Marilyn

Thank you both