What's new

Doesn't remember password for my home wireless

olefin

Reaction score
In the past I could turn off wireless and later turn it back on without having to reenter my password.
Last week we had a major power failure, after power came on noticed my iphone was connecting to the wireless but the "Lock" icon was missing. The power failure had caused my router to become insecure. I reset router security but then the iphone wouldn't connect. I had to go to iphone wireless settings, "forget the network", then reconnected and asked for password. Now have to enter password anytime I shut off wireless?
iPad did all the above except it remembers password.

Anyone have a suggestion to get it to remember password.

Thanks

try doing a hard reset on your phone then shut off your wireless and see if it worked.

If it is a net gear router the user name is admin
Password is password

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

Some routers like AT&T has the password on the label on the side of the router...check there.

Some routers like AT&T has the password on the label on the side of the router...check there.
You need to reread my question. I'm NOT looking for a password, I have reset my router... It's the IPhone that has the problem of not remembering the password.

Thought I would revive this thread as there doesn't seem to be a resolution. A coworker pressed the "forget this network" button for his home WIFI network for some problem he was having thinking he could just redo the connection. He is able to see his network and enter the password and connect but his phone will no longer connect automatically when he is home. He has to re-enter his password each time he connects. Does anyone have a solution for the problem? He said he reset the router and the connection works fine he just has to enter the password every time. He said he tried to reset the network settings and even tried to reset all settings but neither helped. Any ideas?

Thought I would revive this thread as there doesn't seem to be a resolution. A coworker pressed the "forget this network" button for his home WIFI network for some problem he was having thinking he could just redo the connection. He is able to see his network and enter the password and connect but his phone will no longer connect automatically when he is home. He has to re-enter his password each time he connects. Does anyone have a solution for the problem? He said he reset the router and the connection works fine he just has to enter the password every time. He said he tried to reset the network settings and even tried to reset all settings but neither helped. Any ideas?
Hi there,

Try this, it worked for mine.

Go to wifi settings and switch on wifi.... You wireless name should appear but will not connect automatically.

Now press the home button and press the safari button....

It will instantly not work and a little box will appear with wireless connection available...

Select yours and it will connect...

Now go back to wifi setting under the general tab and switch off the wifi, switch it back on and it should connect automatically....

Hope this works for you, like it did for me.

Have a great day!

Well he got it to work. Here's what he had to do. Go to settings-wifi-other. He entered his home network name in manually. The press security and select WEP and that will bring up the password box. Enter the password. After that he it connected automatically. Thanks for the help folks.