What's new

Does an app like this exist?

Brian480

Reaction score
Hi there everyone.

I'm trying to find an app...if one even exists to do the following:

My good friend, who has the tech ability of a brick, his dad passed away about a year ago. Since he was the only next of kin, he inherited everything. His dad, over the years collected 1/18 scale die cast model cars. When I say collected, it's more like hoarded them. The basement is filled with rolling shelves all stuffed to the max with these cars. Dozens of different brands and all kinds of types...from cars to trucks to semi trucks, muscle cars etc. All of them are in original boxes, most never opened.

My buddy counted them and there's 1,327 of them. Yes, ONE THOUSAND PLUS! He would like to take inventory of them and cross reference the going prices online so he can sell a good chunck them. There's wayyyyyy too many. He doesn't care if he gets the going price, he plans on taking 1/2 price of going value just to clear them out. He doesn't want to give them away since he's looked up some of the odd ones and they're going for $400-$1000 each, so that would be nuts to inadvertently sell items like those for $25.00 because he didn't know the real value.

Is there any barcode app that anyone knows of that will:

A. Look up the item online from multiple sources and show the details about it along with the current price.

And

B. Keep an inventory of how many and the details of each?

Or even an app that will store each barcode electronically so it can be exported and sorted into a spreadsheet when they are all scanned.

I'd assume that there's nothing out there that would do this, unless it's specialized for this type of product, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!