What's new

Do You Use the Reminders App?

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
If so, what do you use it for, and is it helpful? Does Siri remind you of what is on your list(s)?

I occasionally use it. The reminders are like notifications and you can set how you they alert you in the normal way. You can ask Siri to remind you of something, but she is not the one who announces the alert.

How do I set the mobile to audibly remind me of a reminder? I used to rely on wall and desk calendars, but I stopped using those some time ago. I put reminders on the calendar on my laptop, but then I forget to check the calendar and something forget to do things.

You need to go Notifications in Settings - then to Reminders. You can choose the sound you want along with banners, etc.

I forget to take my multi-vitamin. It is funny because if my dog is taking an Rx for anything, I remember it, and remembering it makes me remember to take my multi-vitamin, but if he is not taking anything, I forget to take my multi-vitamin.

This should be good to remind one of appointments, changing the filter on the A/C, something I also sometimes forget, take the motor in for an oil change, etc. Very useful little feature. :)

I choose "Minuet" for my reminder sound. So cute! :D

I also use it to remind me to take garbage to the curb. Read electric meter and call in. Don’t ask me how but I made my own sound a few years back. ( don’t remember how) It s Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy laughing. I needed something louder

I use Reminders for meds, bill paying, and anything that's one time. I even have it set for sunset, so I can watch and take photos if it's nice enough.

Reminders for sunset is a nice idea. I noticed about a week or so ago that the days are already becoming longer. I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, I would like an extra hour or two max of daylight, but on the other hand, I do not want the heat and the humidity that will come with the longer days. It is not even mid January yet, and I am already dreading late Spring and Summer!

I use reminders all the Time...For paying bills, appointments, songs I want to remember, websites.
It’s a Very Useful app!