What's new

Do you use the native Mail app?

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been changing back and forth between my mail apps. None of them seem to do everything I want them to. So, while I still use the native mail app, I also use Outlook (although that's probably gonna be the next app gone from my iphone), Spark, and Gmail.

What mail apps do you use?

I exclusively use Gmail, but I can see the advantage of using a handy app if you use multiple email accounts. You would think someone would create one that culls all of the same important features into one app...

I exclusively use Gmail, but I can see the advantage of using a handy app if you use multiple email accounts. You would think someone would create one that culls all of the same important features into one app...

They all have cute little gimmicks that make one a little different that the others. For example, Spark (as does Outlook) can intuitively distinguish between essential, and non-essential emails, and you can set it to only send a notification for essentials.. For the most part, this means emails sent directly to me are what I get notified about. But its not perfect and sometimes I get notified about emails that are irrelavant, and, more importantly, I DONT get notified sometimes for email I do need to address immediately.

OH I forgot to mention, I also use Inbox, but (as of now) it only lets you connect one email account to it, so I use it for my personal emails.

I know I'm a little crazy ;)

Each account in the native mail app can have its own inbox as well as there being a unified inbox for all accounts.
image.png

I use the default mail app. It works fine. I have 2 gmail accounts, 3 pop accounts and an Exchange account for work set up. Each has their own settings and they're all in one app...Whats there really to do with email anyway? You send or receive. There's too much life going on out there to worry or mess with it :)

Yes and I adore the yahoo app BUT I have gmail so I use default for gmail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Yahoo and Roadrunner through the Exchange and so both are native apps. Works well enough for my needs and I don't want an extra app to access email.

I use Outlook on my iPad and Spark on my iPhone. I would use Spark exclusively if only it would recognize that it's on an iPad and made better use of the extra screen real estate, and it could be used in either landscape or portrait mode.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk