What's new

Displaying analogue clock on iPhone 6 lock Screen

BrianGM

Reaction score
Hi all

The scourge of modern time keeping is the digital clock. Although in some ways a good thing to have: Placed on a radio or video screen to show the time. However, I prefer to tell the time on an analogue clock on my lock screen. I saw that there is a way, but one needs to crack the phone, download one or two dubious programmes and then there is no guarantee that it will work.

Is there a way to get an analogue clock to appear on the lock screen without breaking the rules. There are some really beautiful clocks I'd like to use.

Thanks

Brian

Tx, J.A. Pity about that. Any way I can suggest that to Apple to include an analogue clock? Such a classy phone with an ugly digital clock to look at when you open it.

Tx, J.A. Pity about that. Any way I can suggest that to Apple to include an analogue clock? Such a classy phone with an ugly digital clock to look at when you open it.
You can try submitting your feature request here: Apple - Feedback

And, I agree, I think an analog clock would look great on the lock screen.

Ardchoille,

You are right. It's in the numbers. I don't know if you're old enough or young enough to remember the song Alice's Restaurant made famous by Arlo Guthrie. And, I quote:

"If one person walks into a Shrink's office and sings Alice's Restaurant they'll think he's weird. If two people walk in they may think they're queer. now if three people walk in singing They may think it's an organization. And, can you imagine if fifty people walk in singing about Alice's Restaurant they may think it's a movement. and, that's what it is, Ardchoille, it's the 'I want an Analogue Clock to Dilay on the iPhone Lock Screen' movement."

And, there you have it, you hit the nail on the proverbial head. It's in the numbers!!!!

:)

Brian

Apple doesn’t want their lock screen to remind people of rival devices. This suggestion has been given to Apple ad infinitum. I would like it as well. But I think Apple has no intention of providing it.

Apple doesn’t want their lock screen to remind people of rival devices. This suggestion has been given to Apple ad infinitum. I would like it as well. But I think Apple has no intention of providing it.

Maybe Apple can see way to using analog Apple Watch faces on the lock screen...