What's new

Disappearing Ringtones

Oskie

Reaction score
I have been using the free app RMaker to load ringtones on my iP4. It works great, but every time I plug the iP4 into my PC and iTunes opens, the custom ringtones disappear.

It's simple to reload them, but I shouldn't have to. Anyone have any ideas?

If the ringtones are in iTunes under "ringtones" when your device is Not plugged in, then im not sure why they would disappear. I had the same issue, but i wasnt using the free app, i have a different way of making them. I just make sure they are in my itunes under rintones and all is good

My ringtones ARE under ringtones in Itunes and I can still see them there, but they just disappeared from my Iphone when I sync'd it. Now when I try to play them in Itunes I get nothing and an exclamation mark appears just to the left of each ringtone title. Any ideas how to get them back on my phone?

My ringtones ARE under ringtones in Itunes and I can still see them there, but they just disappeared from my Iphone when I sync'd it. Now when I try to play them in Itunes I get nothing and an exclamation mark appears just to the left of each ringtone title. Any ideas how to get them back on my phone?

It means that you have moved the original folder where the ringtones are located.
Say you where having you ringtones on your desktop, add them to iTunes by drag and drop or by importing from your desktop to iTunes, days later you move those ringtones from your desktop to another location or deleted them, then iTunes will display that exclamation mark near by the name of the ringtone.
So find a fix place for ringtones in your computer and do not change RT from that place to another after import them to iTunes.

I can't find the tones anywhere on the computer.......but I know I did not knowingly delete them This happened during a sync. They were on the phone when I started and gone after.

So....... I have created a new folder for the ringtones and emailed them to myself from another computer. I can see them in my library now under "Tones", but when I sync they do not go onto my Iphone. The names are there again in Itunes under my phone and and "tones", but again....when I try to play them from that location, an exclamation mark appears and they do not play. When I look for them on my phone they are not there. I just don't get it....

So....... I have created a new folder for the ringtones and emailed them to myself from another computer. I can see them in my library now under "Tones", but when I sync they do not go onto my Iphone. The names are there again in Itunes under my phone and and "tones", but again....when I try to play them from that location, an exclamation mark appears and they do not play. When I look for them on my phone they are not there. I just don't get it....

1.) RT must be less or equal to 30s (unless you jailbreak then it can be longer than 30s)
RT format must be .m4r

2.) store your RT folder in "My music> RT folder/

3.) open iTunes, select all your RT in RT folder, drag n drop your RT to the upper left hand panel of iTunes.

4.) connect your iPhone to your computer, once your iTunes finish reading your iPhone, highlight your iPhone then go to ringtone tab, check ringtone tab to sync, hit sync down right side of iTunes window.