What's new

Disable iPhone 4 software update...

Machak

Reaction score
My iPhone 4 detected that there is a software update, ant trying to find it and now I have that non-cute red badge on a settings icon.. Anyway, I didn't click anything , but I am scared to turn WiFi on because I don't know will it update software automatically. Is there any option in iPhone which can prevent it from checking the software update...like forever? I tried to find it but didn't succeeded.
If anyone can help, I would appreciate.

Not on your iPhone.

You can set preferences in iTunes not to show updates.

If your jb then their is a tweak called nootabadge which removes the red badge showing an update.

You just need to remember not to press the software update button on your iPhone. Also if your jb then usually the OTA update doesn't work anyway.

Fjuh... for a moment I thought it is going to software upgrade it self. XD Oh great! Thanks! I tried that notabadge...good stuff!

Machak said:
Fjuh... for a moment I thought it is going to software upgrade it self. XD Oh great! Thanks! I tried that notabadge...good stuff!

Yeah, the update will download by itself when plugged in and connected to power, but OTA update will always fail on a jailbroken device.

I'm glad I helped.

Yeah that tweak is only a small one but does the job of taking the badge away.

Your iPhone will never update its firmware until you decide to physically press the button in iTunes while your iPhone is hooked up.