What's new

Did I brick it...?

Neubeehunhun

Reaction score
I tried to restore factory setting(clean install) my 4s through itunes, at the end it told me there was an error and restoration could not be done. And now my 4s just hangs on a screen with the itunes icon and a usb cable pointing at it. I'm guessing it wants me to connect to itunes but the problem is, itunes does not detect the 4s anymore. I tried rebooting the 4s, it keeps going back to the same screen. I tried rebooting my PC, and even reinstalled itunes, it still cannot detect the 4s whatsoever.

What could I do now to get it back up running again?

I'd really like to get it solved tonight, otherwise I'd have to take it to the apple store which is such a hassle. Thanks in advance for your kind supports.

Edit: And to clarify, I did not attempt to jailbreak it or anything alike, I have only had it for 2days and everything was pretty much default except a few apps I downloaded and some musics, itunes was the latest version(10.5) when I did the restore. I wanted to restore since I heard it helps with the battery drain. I have no idea why it failed at the end.

Last edited:
Unplug it, turn off iPhone
Restart your pc, start iTunes
Hold home Button and plug in iPhone . This should force a reload of os5 software and then if you have a back up the option to restore

Just tried that, but nothing happens. As soon as I plug in the connector the apple logo pops up and the same screen appears.

Oh it's working now, seems to be the usb port problem, I plugged it into the one which I use for wireless mouse receiver and it instantly showed up on itunes, restoration on progress. Weird the other usb ports were working all fine previously, charged well and even transferred musics.

It's all good now, back and running again, thanks for your help.

Oh it's working now, seems to be the usb port problem, I plugged it into the one which I use for wireless mouse receiver and it instantly showed up on itunes, restoration on progress. Weird the other usb ports were working all fine previously, charged well and even transferred musics.

It's all good now, back and running again, thanks for your help.
Glad you got it working... I was reading through and getting ready to recommend trying a different USB port. LOL!!