What's new

Deleting photos

Dopewoolhat

Reaction score
So my wife hooked her iPhone up to our laptop and had the photo sinc box checked. Now she has over 2500 photos on her phone and I can't delete the photos that came from the computer. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Plug her iPhone into iTunes and on the Photos tab, un-check the "Sync Photos from" box, then goto the Summary tab and check the "Sync only checked songs and videos", then re-sync her iPhone.

The rule is, if it is checked it will be loaded onto the iDevice, if it is NOT checked it will be removed from the iDevice. This applies to most everything in iTunes, music, photos, movies, TVshows and books.

Also, if you have 2 or more iDevices, make sure that they all have a different name, you can rename them in the left hand column in iTunes under "Devices", click on the current name and change it to something like Johns iPhone, or Amys iPhone, That way she and you can have totally different things on each iPhone without messing with each others settings.

It still won't allow me to delete the photos from her phone. I resynced it and all the photos are still on it.

You may have to un-check all of the photo albums. You can also go into the iPhone's Camera Roll and select all photos and then select delete. If this doesn't do it, your are either missing a step or you have a duzzy of a problem.

You might try a full reboot, hold down the Power button and the Home button, for 15sec until you see the Apple Icon, then let go of the buttons, now wait for it to reboot, it may take several minutes, be patient. Then repeat the deselect and re-sync if needed.

Good Luck and good night.

Ok I've tried to delete these photos and still can't. I really don't want to reset the phone. Any other suggestions ?

Select the phone in itunes.Then go to the photos tab and deselect sync photos