What's new

Deleting Emails from Inbox

Zatara

Reaction score
How to delete all the Emails from the Inbox on IPhone6 , Tks

Go into the inbox. There is an Edit button on the top right. Click on that and then look at the bottom of the page and click on delete all.

How to delete all the Emails from the Inbox on IPhone6 , Tks

Go into the inbox. There is an Edit button on the top right. Click on that and then look at the bottom of the page and click on delete all.
I use Yahoo mail, there is no delete all button. In Yahoo, after tapping the edit button, you have to select each email message by tapping on it. When they're all selected, tap the trash button at the bottom of the inbox.

I also use Yahoo email and that is how it works for me and how it has worked for the last 6 years. I don't know why it isn't the same for you as other friends have the same configuration as I do. Is it an exchange account or did you install the extra Yahoo Mail app? If it doesn't work that way then on the lower right, instead of delete all you should see Mark all. Click that then delete.

Mine is the same as Scifan. No "delete all" on Yahoo. And if you hit "edit" and then "mark all", it only gives option to flag or "mark as unread".

I went and looked again. I think because I do this automatically I don't realize the added step. You are right. My instructions work from the Junk or Spam folder and from the Trash folder. I swipe the emails across which moves them to the trash folder and I guess it has become mindless for me. Sorry for adding confusion.

It is possible to delete all emails from the Inbox in the Mail app. First, mark all emails read.

Then tap Edit at the top right. Mark the first email. Tap "Move" at the bottom and hold your finger there, don't let go. Uncheck the first email again and lift soir finger. The account will show you the amount of emails in the Inbox (Inbox will be greyed out), and you will see all your Mailboxes of the account. Select the one where you want to move the messages, in your case "Trash". Done!
image.jpg

image.jpg

It is possible to delete all emails from the Inbox in the Mail app. First, mark all emails read.

Then tap Edit at the top right. Mark the first email. Tap "Move" at the bottom and hold your finger there, don't let go. Uncheck the first email again and lift soir finger. The account will show you the amount of emails in the Inbox (Inbox will be greyed out), and you will see all your Mailboxes of the account. Select the one where you want to move the messages, in your case "Trash". Done!
View attachment 17724
View attachment 17725

I follow your instructions and the messages move to the trash folder but then, when I open the inbox, the messages are back in the inbox folder.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, @Popoff!

Did you look at your Trash folder and find them there after removing them? Try it for a second time. Make sure to tap "Trash", otherwise they'll just sit there in your Inbox.

If they were in the folder, but moved back to the Inbox, look at Advanced in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - the email account. Some of the accounts allow to choose where deleted emails will be moved to. Ensure you check marked "Trash" there.

Also, remove your email account and set it up again, if the suggestions above didn't help.