What's new

Deleting App record in App Store, iPhone 4S, IOS 6

Mark.Jacobs56

Reaction score
Hi, I've deleted some App's that I no longer want but they still show up in the 'update' section in the App Store on my phone - I suppose so that I can re-install them if I want to. is there any way of deleting the record of the App's under this section please as I want to give the phoen to someone else? I'm not very techy so chapter and verse explanation please.

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi, I've deleted some App's that I no longer want but they still show up in the 'update' section in the App Store on my phone - I suppose so that I can re-install them if I want to. is there any way of deleting the record of the App's under this section please as I want to give the phoen to someone else? I'm not very techy so chapter and verse explanation please.

Thanks,

Mark.

Your question is a trick question. Mainly because you have to clarify the situation.

Are you giving the phone to someone that you want to have access to your iTunes account so they can continue to buy applications?

or

Are you giving the phone to someone and you want to keep the existing applications installed but no longer want them to have access to your iTunes account?

Yes, I am giving the phone to someone who I want to have access to my iTunes account so they can continue to buy App's but I want to get rid of the record of the App's that have been downloaded to the phone. Sorry if that was unclear.

I figured that was your request, but alas I didn't want to assume and give you the wrong information.

As long as the iPhone is tied to your iTunes account, there is no way to change the list you are inquiring about.

OK, so can I break the tie to my iTunes account and if so, how? Would a wipe of the phone work and if so how do I do that please? Thank you for your responses so far.

The good news is, you don't have to wipe the phone based on what I remember.

Settings -> iTunes & App Store -> Apple ID:

Clear this. Again, if memory serves, that will delink the device from your iTunes account.