What's new

Delete unused "sent to" addressees

Jack_Bikes

Reaction score
In OS 9 how do I delete email addressees that I don't want auto filling? Used to have a delete address in previous versions. Seems gone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have an address appearing that is not in your Contacts, it should have a small circled "i" next to it. Tapping on that icon will lead you to an option screen. At the bottom of that screen is an red box so you can delete the address.

Marilyn

I thought so too but the option to delete is gone. There are only options to add to contacts or create contact, send message. No delete. Rats

Last edited:
Just discovered that when using imap mail, (have in on 3 devices) you need to do this delete within the Mac mail app on computer. (Previous Recipients). Can't do it in the phone. Learn something new every day. [emoji35]

If you have an address appearing that is not in your Contacts, it should have a small circled "i" next to it. Tapping on that icon will lead you to an option screen. At the bottom of that screen is an red box so you can delete the address.

Marilyn
It seems that iOS 9 has removed this option. I used to use it all the time to clear out old stuff, but it's no longer there.