What's new

Deleating Emails

SandraD

Reaction score
Hello, I found an email app that I prefer to the standard one that comes with IPhone 5.

The original one keeps downloading emails & I have several thousand. Is there a faster way to delete all at once instead of checking each one??
Tia

Sandy sent this from my iPhone/iPad using iPF.net

Hello, I found an email app that I prefer to the standard one that comes with IPhone 5.

The original one keeps downloading emails & I have several thousand. Is there a faster way to delete all at once instead of checking each one??
Tia

Sandy sent this from my iPhone/iPad using iPF.net

I'm sorry but my crystal ball is broken and I suck at mind reading (just ask my wife!) It's difficult to give any advice without know which app we're talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My, my didn't we get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! :p

To the OP...obviously all your emails are still being stored on the server of your mail service. If there is an online version you might find it easier to work with the program there. Oftentimes you can delete a "page" of emails at one time.

On the phone in the stock mail app, you can only check them all, then send to trash. Once in trash, you can then delete all at one time. If you can't find a way online, just do a few each day until they're all deleted. Check about 200 per day. I had to train myself to delete emails regularly, so they wouldn't build up. I do it about every 2 or 3 days.

In the standard app you could Edit>click on Mark All, and then delete all. In the Trash folder you can click delete all. You also have to have the account set up right, settings>Mail>the particular acct>Advanced>Move Discarded messages to...check Deleted Mailbox.

Last edited: