What's new

Delayed printing

Snige

Reaction score
Hi there. I have been looking for an app that will allow me to queue a print on my iPhone, with the intention to print later when I get back to the office and everything is connected to the wifi network i.e. My iPhone, printer and MacBook.

What I'm after is an app that will display a icon badge showing how many queued prints there are waiting to be printed.

I don't know how many times there have been when I have been out of the office, received a document via email, wanted to print it but have not actually been able to, and for obvious reasons I'm out of the office. So by having an app that will remind me there are documents waiting to be printed is what I am looking for.

I know you can set up various things like 'Print by Proxy' etc etc. I've tried all of them. Don't like the way they work for various reasons. Does anyone know of an app that will queue a print for me ?

Snige.

Thanks for the tip but from what I've read on TCP's website, it sounds like it prints from my Mac to my iPhone. I want the other way round, from my iPhone to my Mac.

If you have time to re-read my initial post you will see exactly what I'm looking for.

Would you agree, with it printing from Mac to iPhone or does it do both ways ?

Snige.

For a real iphone api programmer it shouldn't be a big issue. Pick a virtual printer product of your choice, write the programmer, tell him what you want, ask him if he could achieve this feature within a week.

(on PC for a PC programmer, know so because I am, it would take two days time)

They'll get the feature you want and you buy the app.

At this point there is no app that does what you want, but your idea is very useful! Print docs, and when phone connects to a particular wifi network, print them automatically. You can even patent this idea, open up a company, and release app like this for iphone for $50. Sell it to 1,000 people and make 50,000.

Thanks for the tip. I am just do it.