What's new

DejaOffice Sync Problems

leslyons

Reaction score
Based on user feedback, I downloaded DejaOffice onto my iPhone4 and the CompanionLink for Outlook onto my PC. Everything seemed to work well, until I started checking my recurring dates, such as birthdays and anniversaries. Somehow, every time the iPhone syncs with the PC via the CompanionLink sync, it adds "1" to whatever date is on the iPhone. So a 12/8/xx birthday will (after sync) show up on the iPhone as 12/9/xx and then after more syncs will progress again to 12/10/xx, and eventually (with the sync both ways) will corrupt your actual dates in Outlook!!!

This is VERY frustrating, and all that I get from their customer support is "make sure that you have the latest versions on both devices, correct everything in Outlook, set the sync to delete the files on the iPhone, resync, etc. etc. etc." It STILL has the issue, even with the latest software! You can imagine the frustration if you have to go back into your Outlook contacts and CHANGE every single date back to the original (correct) date, assuming you know it!

Does anyone have a solution, other than deleting this stupid program??????

Thanks for your help!

leslyons,

This is David from CompanionLink - I've asked one of our techs to take a closer look at what's going on. It would be helpful to know a few more details about this bug your experiencing. Do you have an existing support ticket open with us? I ask so that I can ensure it gets to the right person if so. If not, let me know and we can go from there.

- David

David - thanks for the feedback. Someone named Gabriel sent me an email. I just responded to it, following his directions and attaching a log file. I asked him to find you and forward a copy of my email. I REALLY hope we can get this resolved, because if not, DejaOffice is useless to me, since it corrupts my Outlook data. Please let me know if you do NOT get the info from Gabriel, and we can figure a way for me to get it to you directly.

leslyons -

You're currently working with one of our Support Techs, which is the best place to get help on this. They'll need to look through the log file you sent in order to try and pinpoint the problem. We should have an update on this for you soon.

- David

David - I just sent a message back to your techs. I did EVERYTHING they asked - it appeared to fix the problem - but it didn't. Now it is back again, and it is the same issue. Please help! Thanks. LES