What's new

daylight savings time

Will do it by it's self lots of smartphones do it by it's self no worries

Hard reset the phone this is like a reboot. Hold the home and sleep button at the same till apple logo show then let the phone boot up. It may need to reconnect to the network to see the change then.

Found out why mine did not - now need a permanent fix (the temp. fix was easy).

I went into "settings" - "general" - and "date & time"
In that area, the "set automatically" was turned ON, and the time zone was set to Denver (I live 30 minutes or so away from Los Angeles in a city called Riverside... fairly far from Denver). I turned to auto setting off and set my time zone to Los Angeles - but if I try to turn the auto set back on, it immediately changes the time zone to Denver. I'm sure Denver is nice and all.... but I don't live there. Any idea's how I can convince my iPhone that I don't live in Denver?

Interestingly enough - my iPad DID change correctly. Both the iPhone and the iPad are running 5.0.

Take care,
Rob

Here's a fix for the users who are experiencing issues with the wrong time zone popping up. My time zone kept popping up as anchorage, Alaska

Settings>general>date & time>disable set automatically>reboot>enable set automatically

Similar situation with me.

My iPad 2 with iOS 5 changed correctly but my iPhone 4S did not. It changed my location to the time zone to the east of me.

Was frustrating until I decided to 'phone myself. The new incoming 'phone call set my time zone back to where I really am and set the clock to the correct standard time.

Problem solved, just one 'phone call to myself!