What's new

Data Pricing incase you guy havent seen this yet?

You must be right, cause I remember hearing back that smartphones are getting some sort of discount? unless I'm thinking of the talk free plan thing that just came out.

Either way lucky!

Technically I do have the $29.99 plan though... On the bill, she said it would show up as $29.99 data for each line, but then each line also gets a $20 credit applied, hence making it only $9.99... so I'm thinking it should stay the same?
Thats the same thing that I have going on as well. And I am thinking/hoping that it will stay as long as we get the iphone all setup and running before the limited time for an unlimited data package runs out.

I called and had a fifth line activated on my family plan and taking advantage of the $20 discounted unlimited data plan before it was no longer available for me to get (supposedly ending this month). All in hopes of getting the iphone up and running on it. And the representitive told me that they had been informed that they still don't have it confirmed if the unlimited plan will apply for the iphone.

She mentioned the WJS/verizon exec announcing it but then also the retraction of it and as of that time no unlimited plan to be confirmed.

Anybody have bettter news than what I was told?

If all things come together in my favor, I am looking to get 3 iphones with $10 unlimited plans. Is this to much to ask for and/or expect?

Hmm I don't know I am hearing that AT&T may bring back the unlimited data to compete with Verizon. I hope that they do because I am out of the country and I still have to pay the data to keep the unlimited plan.

I would cancel but last time I was in the US I used 45GB in 2weeks...umm...soooo... for now I just pay for it even if I am not using it :(

The unlimited data plan is confirmed. The following is a direct copy from the Verizon website.

"Pricing
Are there minimum service and data pricing requirements?

Yes, iPhone customers will need a current Nationwide plan, with an unlimited data package $29.99 or higher (available for a limited time only).

Back to top"

Hmm I don't know I am hearing that AT&T may bring back the unlimited data to compete with Verizon. I hope that they do because I am out of the country and I still have to pay the data to keep the unlimited plan.

I would cancel but last time I was in the US I used 45GB in 2weeks...umm...soooo... for now I just pay for it even if I am not using it :(

45GB?! How? :eek:

Everyone knows there will be a new iPhone 5 which Verizon MAY have at end of June/July.

Verizon has announced unlimited data but for a "limited time only". I already have unlimited data, but not for the iPhone (of course).

I was going to wait for the iPhone 5 rumors to keep rolling out as far as specs (surely they would be better) even after the iPhone 4 is released, but because of this "limited time only" for unlimited data for the iPhone, wouldn't it be smart to just get the iPhone 4 now with the unlimited data, and be grandfathered in, and possibly, hopefully Verizon will release iPhone 5 and allow upgrades to that or what? Keep unlimited with iPhone 5 too before an LTE iPhone. Or is this suggesting that the iPhone 5 may be LTE even if Apple says not until 2012 which is why unlimited data for the iPhone is for a limited time only. It's all too crazy. But I think getting the iPhone 4 now with unlimited data (even if you have unlimited data now they may say too bad you can't have it for the iPhone 4 specifically). Hmmm. Trickyyyy. My Blackberry Storm will be put to rest finally in the sock drawer. ;-)

Honestly I would say go ahead and get the 4 and get grandfathered in on the data. When the 5 hits, you can always sell the 4 and use the money to go back towards the 5. I'm sure you will get good money for it when it comes down to it, especially if you keep it in good shape.

Honestly I would say go ahead and get the 4 and get grandfathered in on the data. When the 5 hits, you can always sell the 4 and use the money to go back towards the 5. I'm sure you will get good money for it when it comes down to it, especially if you keep it in good shape.

oh most definitely I will keep it in good shape. I went from ipod touch 2g to a 4g and loveeeeee it and it stays safe at all time. lol. And that's the thing they may not offer iPhone 5 with unlimited data and they may just start using tiered for it, and only tiered. Which would suck (I'm not ready for 4g LTE action). Or iPhone 5 may be an LTE device, which I won't even bother with. In any rate, technology is always going to be updated...so we're gonna have to deal and cope with it. lol. Just data pricing is going to be out of control.