What's new

Data not working on 4s

rashraf

Reaction score
This is a long post, but if anyone could help me out that would be marvelous.

I just got my iPhone 4s last week and everything worked just fine. When I got home I went on iClarified and jailbroke my phone with redsn0w 0.9.12b2. I have iPhone 4s version 5.1.1 with firmware 2.0.12.

The jailbreak was successful but for a reason that I cannot fathom I keep getting this message "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." However, I do have a data plan that I'm paying an arm and a leg for.

I've tried restoring with the shsh blobs but when I put it in pwned DFU mode it says 4s isn't compatible. I tried the APN thing and it says I have more than one profile (I don't), and I called my service provider (Fido) and they say everything is in order and they don't know why it isn't working.

Now I really really REALLY don't want to restore and update to iOS 6, I don't even know if that would work. Any ideas on what I could possibly do to get the 3G and data to work?

PS
I read somewhere that a person purposely disabled their phone and went to Apple and got a new one. Is that too risky?