What's new

damaged phone revival

Daniel1988

Reaction score
Morning Everyone
So long story short I left my phone on my girlfriends car while I was working in the garage, she had to go to the shops quickly and I forgot about my phone on her car. I ended up finding it a couple k's away, must of been run over multiple times.
My question is, I have taken it to a few phone shops where they plugged a new screen in and it wont turn on, with the same assumption from multiple shops, its dead.
While at home bored (I do shift work) I have tried to do some research. I have tested the battery with no voltage. Will the phone turn on while plugged in, with a dead battery??? I was wondering if someone can confirm that im testing the voltage correctly at the 3rd plug on the logic board from the bottom, and if anyone has tips on how I can back up a damaged phone?
Photo's attach

Attachments

• 20201012_101508.jpg
    20201012_101508.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 288
  • 20201012_101520.jpg
    20201012_101520.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 281
  • 20201012_101545.jpg
    20201012_101545.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 275
If the logic board has been damaged you won’t be able to get any data from that iPhone. In order to back up the phone you have to be able to unlock it, which needs a functional screen. Is the iPhone recognized if you connect it to iTunes on your computer?

If the logic board has been damaged you won’t be able to get any data from that iPhone. In order to back up the phone you have to be able to unlock it, which needs a functional screen. Is the iPhone recognized if you connect it to iTunes on your computer?

Hey Scifan
The phone ie completely dead. Nothing when connected to iTunes
I have ordered a new battery, a new screen and a new lightning port incase that is damaged too..
If none of these work, then i will have to assume the logic board is dead..
Any other advice will be appreciated, or anything that i can add to the parts being replaced?
All i want is for it to work just to back up, not looking to repair for re-use

Hey Scifan
The phone ie completely dead. Nothing when connected to iTunes
I have ordered a new battery, a new screen and a new lightning port incase that is damaged too..
If none of these work, then i will have to assume the logic board is dead..
Any other advice will be appreciated, or anything that i can add to the parts being replaced?
All i want is for it to work just to back up, not looking to repair for re-use

Unless you turned it off when you got the phone, iCloud backup should be enabled. You could download this to another iPhone.

Unless you turned it off when you got the phone, iCloud backup should be enabled. You could download this to another iPhone.

Thanks mate
I checked my icloud account and it only backs up contacts and notes.
Ill see how these extra parts go and see if it will turn on and connect to itunes.

Thanks mate
I checked my icloud account and it only backs up contacts and notes.
Ill see how these extra parts go and see if it will turn on and connect to itunes.

Have you looked under your Apple ID? It is separate from your email accounts and may show whether you have iCloud Backup on. You would have to check this on another device for obvious reasons.

Have you looked under your Apple ID? It is separate from your email accounts and may show whether you have iCloud Backup on. You would have to check this on another device for obvious reasons.

Yup, went into apple with the phone (they said they cant fix it) but got me to log into icloud with my apple i.d and they were the ones that told me only notes and contacts..
They suggested i find a data recovery place but not gauranteed.