What's new

Cydia crashed...

MustangMatt116

Reaction score
I tried to download IntelliScreenX and when it was installing in Cydia it got interrupted. Now when I try to open Cydia I get the message "dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg -- configure -a' to correct the problem." I have read about deleting all numbered files in "/var/lib/dpkg/updates" however, I do not have iFile, and I do not have anything downloaded through cydia like "OpenSSH." Can I still SSH into my iPod touch 5 to fix cydia even though I do not have OpenSSH downloaded and cannot get into cydia to download it? I am fairly new at this so please provide detailed, easy to follow instructions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I tried to download IntelliScreenX and when it was installing in Cydia it got interrupted. Now when I try to open Cydia I get the message "dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg -- configure -a' to correct the problem." I have read about deleting all numbered files in "/var/lib/dpkg/updates" however, I do not have iFile, and I do not have anything downloaded through cydia like "OpenSSH." Can I still SSH into my iPod touch 5 to fix cydia even though I do not have OpenSSH downloaded and cannot get into cydia to download it? I am fairly new at this so please provide detailed, easy to follow instructions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Download iFunBox here. Download OpenSSH here. Download afc2add here (optional; if you want to SSH into your device to resolve the issue, ignore afc2add; if you want to use iFunBox to resolve your issue, download afc2add and OpenSSH).

Install iFunBox (or extract it if you're using the archive version). Connect your device. Open up ifunbox_classic if you're using the 2014 version, or run iFunBox and click on iFunBox Classic on the top left if you're using a 2013 version.

Once your device is connected, expand the tree on the left side, and look for Cydia Auto Install or Cydia App Install with a little Cydia icon next to it. Drag-and-drop the OpenSSH.deb and/or afc2add.deb that you've downloaded above. Reboot your device, and you now have the debs installed (they'll appear in Cydia).

Now you can SSH into the device (if you have OpenSSH installed), or open up "Root Filesystem" in the tree where you saw Cydia Auto/App Install (you could not see it before because you did not have afc2add installed), and do your thing.

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I am going to try this ASAP. I do already have iFunBox so I'm almost there!

Download iFunBox here. Download OpenSSH here. Download afc2add here (optional; if you want to SSH into your device to resolve the issue, ignore afc2add; if you want to use iFunBox to resolve your issue, download afc2add and OpenSSH).

Install iFunBox (or extract it if you're using the archive version). Connect your device. Open up ifunbox_classic if you're using the 2014 version, or run iFunBox and click on iFunBox Classic on the top left if you're using a 2013 version.

Once your device is connected, expand the tree on the left side, and look for Cydia Auto Install or Cydia App Install with a little Cydia icon next to it. Drag-and-drop the OpenSSH.deb and/or afc2add.deb that you've downloaded above. Reboot your device, and you now have the debs installed (they'll appear in Cydia).

Now you can SSH into the device (if you have OpenSSH installed), or open up "Root Filesystem" in the tree where you saw Cydia Auto/App Install (you could not see it before because you did not have afc2add installed), and do your thing.

Do you have the decryption key that it's asking me for? I can't download OpenSSH and afc2add without a decryption key

Do you have the decryption key that it's asking me for? I can't download OpenSSH and afc2add without a decryption key

Woops sorry. I've replaced the links to include the decryption key as well. You should now be able to download them.

Woops sorry. I've replaced the links to include the decryption key as well. You should now be able to download them.

It's still asking me for a decription key :( Do I need to make an account on Mega?
Correction: I was able to download afc2add, however, OpenSSH is still wanting a decryption key

Last edited:

I got on iFunBox last night and I could not find those Cydia Auto Install or Cydia App Install sections on the tree on the left side

Then there's no solution outside of restoring or using what you already have. Without iFile, OpenSSH, MobileTerminal or afc2add installed, there's nothing you can do because you either need MobileTerminal to run commands to install OpenSSH or afc2add, or you can use iFile to resolve the issue as is or at least use it to run Cydia Installer off of debian packages on your device that you could have transferred via Bluetooth or FTP using iFile.

Yeah I think willerz2 is right from what I have heard too. Buddy of mine had to restore his and try to start over.

I hope This isn't derailing this thread. But every time I load it doesn't really load either. This is what I get

Attachments

• $image-230686153.jpg
    $image-230686153.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 797
I am sure u tried to install a hacked version of intelliscreenX. Beware of these hacked versions. I got the same problem and fortunately I had ifile. That reduced a lot of work. Else it's a pain in the ass. Thanx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you installed anything cracked you are asking for it. So don't do it