What's new

Cydia and mobile terminal help pls!!

cashanova2k

Reaction score
Forum I already have mobile terminal but cydia keeps trying to install it when trying to install other apps, ends download of app, and gives me a cannot replace mobile terminal error can anyone help me?

you must of set it to download again or maybe its an update, maybe delete it and let cydia install it.

I instaed mobile terminal from cydia. When I push the icon to load the app it pops up then immediately crashes. And just dosnt work.

@smitty u might b using the wrong version for your os mine works but all other apps I try to dl try to install mobile t...

@smitty u might b using the wrong version for your os mine works but all other apps I try to dl try to install mobile t...

I only found the one when I did the search. It didn't specify a version that I remember. I look at all cydia descriptions pretty close as to not have any problems. I will look again closer. :)

Go into Cydia to the add source page and add this repo apt.sellize(dot)com . Respring, go into Cydia again and go to the "Changes" tab and open it. Refresh it if you don't see apps listed from Sellize. When your sure Sellize is there, then search for "Mobile Terminal iOS4". That's the one you want. It works fine on iOS4.x. BE CAREFUL of the other apps on this site as a lot of them are pirated. Best practice is to delete this repo after you get the Terminal app. Good Luck

Thanks all But now I have apps stuck in cache any help with that

Is this what you mean by stuck in cache?

0420d12c.jpg

Replace locinfo with mobile terminal.

If so I can walk you through how to get it out of your queued download list.

I for instance had lockinfo stuck and would not install anything from cydia without trying to install this as well. And would make it error out everytime.

YEp bro u got it how is it done and thanks

Ok , so the first step is you have to ssh into your phone. You go to var/lib/dpkg. You will see a series of files. What you are going to do is modify Available , Available-old.
Status and status-old. Please make back ups of these files before you start. You go into each of the files and ctrl+f and enter your offending queued whatever. In your case it's mobile terminal. You need to delete the entire package of all mobile terminal from all 4 files and save them. After this is done respring and your done. I can provide screenshpts of the whole process if you need me to. I am away from my home computer for now though. So.if you don't feel comfortable doing as I explained without pictures your gonna have to wait one more day. Lol ! It really is easy though. Lmk.

Ok just post the pics just incase Sumone else can't understand

An Abbreviated Tutorial to fix an app stuck in you Cydia dl queue.

Ssh into your phone. I use Wincp. And you want to follow the path of var/lib/dpkg. This is the screen you want to reach.

Status1.png

Go into Available, Available-old, Status, And Status-old Ctrl+f And enter your offending app(in this case it's Mobile Terminal).

MobileTerminal.png

Highlight the entire package and simply hit back space. Notice that I am leaving a space between the exsisting packages.

MobileTerminalHighlight.png

Make sure to do this to all four aforementioned files . Save after each file is modified. Close everything down . Respring your phone and reload Cydia with a cleared Queue. Note, before any mods are done BACK UP the files. Gl . Hth !