What's new

Curiouser and curiouser

Osborneuk

Reaction score
My iPhone is linked to my car ( mx5 if you're interested) via Bluetooth and handles calls well playing them through the car speakers. I was using google maps to navigate from A to B when, to my surprise, the directions came through the car speakers. 'Ah' thought I - phone and car are linked so music? Sadly the iPhone won't play music through the car speakers using Bluetooth. Any thoughts?
Ta

U might need to turn the Bluetooth off in order to play music through the car speakers that's what I needed to do in order to play music with my iPhone 5c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U might need to turn the Bluetooth off in order to play music through the car speakers that's what I needed to do in order to play music with my iPhone 5c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My phone connects to the car via bluetooth

It depends on the car's audio system and the age of the vehicle.

In my car (2006 3-series BMW) all I can connect with Bluetooth is the phone; I can dial and answer calls using the car system if my phone is paired. But, my system also does as yours - if I have my Google Maps app actively directing, the instructions will come out of the car's speakers. It will interrupt my radio.

But, I cannot use the phone to play music through the car speakers unless I (1) manually connect with a speaker cord to my car's AUX in port or (2) connect a Bluetooth receiver to send music to the car stereo/speakers via the AUX in port.

TL; DR: Being able to send music via Bluetooth to your car stereo is dependent on the type (and maybe age) of sound system in your car.

Marilyn

You may have to change audio source to Bluetooth . I have to make that switch on ford with sync.....which is windows based yuck

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

bluetooth is always a bit tricky, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, best is to just check around on a car forum for your brand if there are any users with similar problems. Needed to find out too that my BMW wasn't able to stream BT music while everything else was working without problems on bluetooth :-(

Sadly the iPhone won't play music through the car speakers using Bluetooth. Any thoughts?
Ta

I can confirm what others have said. My parents have a 2013 Lexus which works just fine playing music from my mom's iPhone 5. I read somewhere else too that there can be an issue with certain models or years of cars. So - yeah not an iPhone issue in itself.