What's new

Creating and Organizing Photo Albums

JohnCFII

Reaction score
Hi....new to the site and to the iPhone....

Does anyone know how we would create more photo "ALBUMS" in the built-in Photos app besides the 2 standard ones of "Camera Roll" and "Photo Library" ?

Thanks in advance....John

Sure, in iTunes just select what folders you want to sync in the pictures tab when your iPhone is plugged in. They will all show up in alphabetical order it the photos app. :)

Maybe I am not doing something right - but I thought if you have your pictures in folders on your computer first - My Family, My Pets, Motorycycle Trips, My Bike, etc, then when you sync your iPhone/iPad IF you select to sync ALL photos then all of your pictures would display on your device in the same folders. I know mine do on the iPad, but for the iPhone I choose not to have sooo many pics so I do not sync all folders. Just my thoughts...

yes, I also find it not too difficult, but, to be able to insert a fews pictures from just one folder, I had to make a new folder, a Slim one for the Iphone...And, why when we can look at the inside folder of Iphone, all pictures gets a special XGFT.... and not very easy to choose from tha tkind of language...Also, why, can't we import or export pictures directly from a Windows folder?

New to the site:

I have reviewed as well as I seem to be able to what I've found on dividing the photos in my iPhone 4 Camera Roll into more than one album.

I do NOT wish to add other photos from my computer to the iP4 CR, simply work with the ones there, or new ones that i create w the iP4, or copy from images that come in, in texts, or emails.

For example, I'd like, working only with the photos already in the CR on the phone, divide them into "Dogs," "John," "Kaye," etc.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

New to the site:

I have reviewed as well as I seem to be able to what I've found on dividing the photos in my iPhone 4 Camera Roll into more than one album.

I do NOT wish to add other photos from my computer to the iP4 CR, simply work with the ones there, or new ones that i create w the iP4, or copy from images that come in, in texts, or emails.

For example, I'd like, working only with the photos already in the CR on the phone, divide them into "Dogs," "John," "Kaye," etc.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Yes it is possible, but not without jailbreaking your iPhone first.

Here I upload some screenshot for you to see how it looks like:
7b797a2b-9800-5f71.jpg
7b797a2b-980c-ade3.jpg
7b797a2b-9816-6214.jpg
7b797a2b-9820-1100.jpg
7b797a2b-982b-0ad6.jpg
7b797a2b-9834-b644.jpg
7b797a2b-9844-6994.jpg
7b797a2b-984d-3b4b.jpg
7b797a2b-9859-7d37.jpg
7b797a2b-9865-53f8.jpg
7b797a2b-9870-8553.jpg
7b797a2b-987a-3c31.jpg

And that's it.

Last edited:
Wow!

You are very plainly way more advanced than I...

I'm not going to screw around with the phone. I'll just sort by place when I need to, even though that is inconsistent, with not all places of origin always showing up.

thanks!

L.

Wow!

You are very plainly way more advanced than I...

I'm not going to screw around with the phone. I'll just sort by place when I need to, even though that is inconsistent, with not all places of origin always showing up.

thanks!

L.

It's all your call :)

Create a folder on your desktop called "to iphone".
Created sub folders inside of that folder, family, dog,etc....
In iTunes have your phone sync to the iPhone folder that you created on your desktop.

Create a folder on your desktop called "to iphone".
Created sub folders inside of that folder, family, dog,etc....
In iTunes have your phone sync to the iPhone folder that you created on your desktop.

It'snot very advice to have iTunes stuff like videos, songs, photos, etc... on your desktop because once one of the folder come to bemissing or get deleted by mistakes, iTunes will count it as a missing files within itunes and the next time you will want to sync your phone to itunes it will unsync the missing files in iTunes from your phone. So it's better to create photos and audios and videos folders related to iTunes within "My Documents" folder.

This really helpful but the move option doesn't seem to be available in IOS 5. When you select photos it only gives you options to share or add to or delete. If you select add to it prompts you to create a new album but doesn't let you add to an existing album.

dkg30