What's new

Create apple id without Icloud (limit reached) is it possible?

There is a difference, but most people won’t know about it, because they use their Apple ID as iCloud ID as well.

The Apple ID is used for apps, music, movies, books, ... Nothing else.

The iCloud ID provides all the services that come with iCloud: iCloud Photo Library and Photo Sharing, Find my iPhone, backups, storage space, ...

It’s possible to use your ID for App Store & iTunes Store, but not for iCloud. Some people use one ID for iCloud, and a different one for App Store, iTunes Store, iBooks Store. I was one of them, so I know that it’s possible.

That’s why I’m using both expressions differently.

Ok so I googled this.... “what’s the difference between iCloud ID and Apple ID?” And found a response from 2012 I’m guessing having two separate id’s was something done before family sharing...

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

It’s still possible, I’ve tried it again:
6FD9B4D7-0075-4D40-9273-D585103D3378.jpeg

A few years ago, I’ve created a UK and a US Apple ID, just to get apps, music or movies from there. I don’t use them as iCloud ID, though.

Maybe it would be better to talk about an iCloud ID and a Store ID.

Last edited:
Guys i did it! I simply navigated to safari and created apple id from there. All you need is any valid email you have (even if you dont have, you can create gmail account in safari (without downloading the gmail app because you wont be able to without apple id), than use that same gmail for apple id. Once done, you will be asked to add security quesitins and you ready to go. BUT when to try to sign in from settings it WONT allow you to, you must sing in from APP store and then it will autocamtically sign you to settings. BUt no matter what you wont be able to activate icloud, even when you are signed with apple id it will tell you that icloud cannot be activated to this account.
BUT YOU CAN STILL use two factor authentication throu you mobile number. You either have to activate icloud, wchich you cant, or you have to make atleast one free purchase from your APP store (thats the requirements on the apple id page), Once i did it, i was able to set two factor verification from apple id mangment page, only through my mobile number. And it also gives you recovery key, and option to turn two factor off if you want. I tried it it works perfectly.

MANY GREAT thanks to J.A. and all the other members that tried to help!!!!!!!!!!!1 So all i am missing is the icloud stroradge and find my iphone, but thats what i have. I wanted two factor authentcation and i have it and i can download app purchase things everything :)))