What's new

Apple ID account limit reached - please help!

jomoore_87

Reaction score
Hello,

Just got an iphone from my sister, never had anything Apple before but logged in fine today and created a new Apple account. Then realised I had used my old email address which I'm phasing out, so later in the day I set up a new Apple account with my current email address. Both were fine. Then I tried to use iMessenger and Facetime, got an error saying I needed to check my network settings.

I looked on the apple forum and other people had said to reset all content and settings and it would fix it, as I had only just set up phone and didn't have any files etc I did this.

Now it won't let me sign in with either account and is saying 'can't create apple ID account limit reached'. I just want to use one of my old accounts! Is it possible to delete one of them somehow? I can't even get past log in stage on phone.

Please someone help I'm super stressed out, only borrowed this phone coz I'm in the middle of final exams and mine broke

Thanks

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Afaik it's only possible to use up to three (iCloud?) accounts on an iDevice, for it's lifetime.

There's nothing else you can do but contact Apple Support and explain your situation.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Afaik it's only possible to use up to three (iCloud?) accounts on an iDevice, for it's lifetime.

There's nothing else you can do but contact Apple Support and explain your situation.

Hi JA - thanks a lot for your reply and welcome!

I only want to log on with one of the ones I set up though, not add a new one. Or delete one of them entirely so I can log on to this phone. I honestly just need something so I can call up taxis etc during my exams and set an alarm while I'm revising - don't really have time to go to Apple shop and can't call them as I can't use this phone!

Thanks...

Hi JA - thanks a lot for your reply and welcome!

I only want to log on with one of the ones I set up though, not add a new one. Or delete one of them entirely so I can log on to this phone. I honestly just need something so I can call up taxis etc during my exams and set an alarm while I'm revising - don't really have time to go to Apple shop and can't call them as I can't use this phone!

Thanks...
Sorry, I don't think it will be possible to use this iPhone without contacting Apple. It looks like you created two Apple IDs, and thus reached the limit of IDs that can be used. There's no workaround to get it going again.

It should also be possible to contact Apple online. Use this link:
iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Sorry, I don't think it will be possible to use this iPhone without contacting Apple. It looks like you created two Apple IDs, and thus reached the limit of IDs that can be used. There's no workaround to get it going again.

It should also be possible to contact Apple online. Use this link:
iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Thanks again for replying.

It says that the Technical support has expired, so I can't get any help online. Does this mean I've broken a perfectly good phone (and probably annoyed my sister who was trying to help me) just because I put in two different email addresses? It seems kind of crazy and that there must be a way to just delete one of them?

Thanks again for replying.

It says that the Technical support has expired, so I can't get any help online. Does this mean I've broken a perfectly good phone (and probably annoyed my sister who was trying to help me) just because I put in two different email addresses? It seems kind of crazy and that there must be a way to just delete one of them?
There almost certainly is, use the link in J. A.'s post which you quoted.

Telephone technical support costs money to use after the initial free period expires but it doesn't cost anything to email Apple. The online chat feature is paid, though.

There almost certainly is, use the link in J. A.'s post which you quoted.

Hi, sorry if I wasn't very clear (bit stressed out!) - I have tried to get online help (via the 'chat' system) but on entering the phone's serial number I am told I'm not eligible for support as the support coverage has expired. I can't call them either (because of the phone issue).

Thanks both for your help anyway :)

Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to take in the phone for a Genius Bar appointment? Genius Bar appointments are free.

Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to take in the phone for a Genius Bar appointment? Genius Bar appointments are free.

Hi again

Yes, kind of near, but I have no time to go in at the moment as revising (sitting the Bar this month) - and need a phone asap. Was hoping someone on here would have a fix ie how to delete an account. I guess I'll just have to buy a cheap PAYG online until my Samsung is fixed.

I will go to the Apple store when I have finished exams tho to try to get it unblocked before I give it back to my sister. Does this sound like something they could sort out on the day, with a drop in?

Thanks again, I really appreciate you (both) taking the time to reply even though it's not what I wanted to hear

Just as an FYI, your device could still be counting your sisters Id as associated devices and you also might need her Id and password to clear it.
Regardless of the circumstances, I would recommend you also bring the authorized ownership info to Apple with you or have your sister accompany you with her proof of ownership.

Just as an FYI, your device could still be counting your sisters Id as associated devices and you also might need her Id and password to clear it.
Regardless of the circumstances, I would recommend you also bring the authorized ownership info to Apple with you or have your sister accompany you with her proof of ownership.

Oh thanks, do you think I could try logging in to it with her ID? I don't want to do anything to mess up her account as she still has other Apple products.

I will take her with me when I go to the Apple store then, she will still have the proof of purchase etc. Will probably owe her lunch after all this as well :p

No. But she can go into her iTunes account and disassociate the device she gave you. But first she should review Apple's instructions on clearing an jphone before giving it away or selling it (those instructions are noted elsewhere on this site).