What's new

Contacts wont sync into outlook

daveleader

Reaction score
An anyone help me. I can't get my calendar to sync to outlook I get an error message on my pc saying the sync has failed. How can I reset it without loosing data?

This solves Outlook not syncing with the iPhone

Goto the "Tools" menu and select "Trust Center"

Select "Add-Ins"

And see if under the "Disabled Items" list there is an Item "Outlook iTunes Sync Addin"

If it's there, that's your problem. Go to the bottom of that box and there is a drop down next to Manage and the default is "COM Add-ins" click that and select "Disabled Items".

A box will pop up with the Outlook Sync in it. Click that one and then click "Enable" then "Ok" Then "Ok" again to close the main Trust Center and then close Outlook and wait a few seconds (like 5) then Open Outlook back up and try your sync.

Should work, mine did....By the way, i share a details' tutorial about how to transfer or sync iPhone contacts to computer.

Hope this helps guys...

Last edited:
  • Connect your iPhone to your Computer ( iTunes should open up automatically. If not, launch it from Start->All Programs->iTunes->iTunes )
  • Click your iPhone in the "Devices" section on the left
  • Click the "Info" tab
  • Check the "Sync contacts with" option and select "Outlook"In case you don't want all your iPhone Contacts to be synchronized with Outlook Contacts, click "Selected groups" and select the groups you want to synchronize
  • Then, hit the "Sync calendars with" check box and select "Outlook"If you do not wish to synchronize all your iPhone Calendars with Outlook, click "Selected calendars" and select what you want to be synchronized
  • Finally, click the "Sync" button in iTunes lower-right corner
As simple as that!

May it helps you!!