What's new

Contact List Acting Strange

tgiann3

Reaction score
I recently purchased the 4S. My old phone was an HTC Hero (no laughing). Anyway, when I purchased the phone they were unable to transfer nearly half my contacts to the 4S (which I find to be very poor form). I have entered some new contacts in manually and after I sync my phone to iTunes on my Windows PC, the new contacts sometimes disappear in my phone. An additional issue is that I am noticing duplicates of some names in my contact list. An example is that one person in my list is there 4 times. Two different entries are phone numbers only and two are phone numbers and email addresses. There is nothing that I have done that would have produced duplicates, and it's only some names and not others.

Help?

Go onto iTunes and click sync contacts off. It might be logging into an email address. Open iTunes, click on your phone and find the tab that shows you your calanders and all that and make sure it's not syncing. Or maybe you have iCloud's installed and it's trying to force with a previous back up before you added the contacts. If you use iCloud then open it and click back up when all your contacts are correct. It should save them. Sorry I just woke up.. Lol

I will try that. Thanks

As long as you only use one email account to backup your contacts (and not multiple) you should have no problems.

I use iCloud, and only iCloud.

Thank you for the replies. I turned off the feature in iTunes that syncs contacts an calendars and just left iCloud on. For the moment it seems to be working. For those at Apple who are reading this.... Usually I find your products to be very superior to the competition. However, in this case I cannot say that. I feel as though I need a computer degree to sync my contacts, and I'm not exactly computer illiterate. Not exactly happy with this part of the process.

tgiann3 said:
Thank you for the replies. I turned off the feature in iTunes that syncs contacts an calendars and just left iCloud on. For the moment it seems to be working. For those at Apple who are reading this.... Usually I find your products to be very superior to the competition. However, in this case I cannot say that. I feel as though I need a computer degree to sync my contacts, and I'm not exactly computer illiterate. Not exactly happy with this part of the process.

Why would you need a computer?