What's new

Contact Exceptions

almassud

Reaction score
hi all,

I am new to iphone all together and I've always used blackberry. when I had a blackberry, I was able to create a group from my contacts and create an exception for this group from Silent /Quiet mode so that the phone will ring any time I get a call from one of the contacts in the group.

is there a way / app that allows or facilitate for something like this?

thanks in advance.

MJ

Creating group contacts yes, you can do it via an many contacts apps you can get from the app store. I know about ABContact.
You can also apply special ringtones to anyone of your contacts, just tap on the contact and then tap "edit" and in the edit page, you will be able to apply any of the available ringtone to your contact.
To restrict a contact from calling you, you will need to download another app from the app store. I don't recall the name of that app well, some thing like "my black list"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks bab2010. I'll check the apps and see if there's something that would help with this problem.

Thanks again.

I am really not trying to blacklist any numbers. I am an IT guy and I have to pickup when the phone ring from work, but I have to silence the phone to get a good night sleep yet I do not want to miss calls from work.

so all I need is be able to make the phone rings only from specific phone number when it's put to silent.

is this possible at all with iphone?

I understand what u need, to easily archieve this, you will need to jailbreak your device and get a profile app from cydia. Else than that, you can just manually edit each one of your contact GROUP using ABContact, you can apply a special ringtone to a hole group, also you can apply a special tone to a single contact, also you can just mute the device when sleeping in the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah that's what I am going to do then :)

I'll think about jail breaking the phone and see if the app you mentioned would help.

thanks a lot.