What's new

Consumer Group Concerned By Apple's Withdrawal of Free Bumper Offer

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
bumpers.jpg

Despite "antenna-gate" having gone fairly quiet recently, Macworld reports today that consumer testing firm, Consumer Reports, has said that it is still unwilling to recommend the iPhone 4 to consumers. Consumer Reports says that its decision is a direct result of Apple's recent announcement that it would be ending the free bumper case scheme at the end of September, except for what it called "a small percentage" of iPhone 4 users who needed a case. Consumer Reports has just posted a blog about the free case issue, saying that "Apple provided no data to detail its claim of lower-than-expected incidence of dropped calls with the iPhone 4," before going on to say later in the blog post, "we agree with Apple that not all iPhone 4 owners will experience reception difficulties with the device. But putting the onus on any owners of a product to obtain a remedy to a design flaw is not acceptable to us. We therefore continue not to recommend the iPhone 4, and to call on Apple to provide a permanent fix for the phone's reception issues."

MacWorld adds that Consumer Reports is published by the Consumers' Union, and claims that its website has the most subscribers of any site of its kind.

Source: Macworld

All i can say is that you guys in the states have crappy reception.

Here in Sweden i have not heard anyona having trouble with the reception.
Both me,my girlfriend and my brother have a iPhone 4 and none of us have had any trouble at all.

All i can say is that you guys in the states have crappy reception.

Here in Sweden i have not heard anyona having trouble with the reception.
Both me,my girlfriend and my brother have a iPhone 4 and none of us have had any trouble at all.

mine is out of service 10 hours a day...