What's new

Confusion with Photos...

BBallard

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of confusion with where and how photos are stored when downloaded. For example, when a client sends me photos for an article which I'm writing, and I download them to my phone, they go into the Photos folder, but seem to go random places within Photos. If I download (or copy/save) 10 images, I may see 7 of them in the folder with today's date in the 'Recents' folder; all of the others are scattered throughout the Recents folder under different dates. I'm presuming this a metadata thing, but am curious if anyone knows if there's anyway to avoid this? Thanks!

Folders are created automatically in different ways. Can be from apps, by resolution size, etc. Just depends where they come from. I use to hate it. Now I just ignore all the folders that get created. If they bother you, you can delete them. Except those Apple puts there that are permanent. You can also create your own folders, if it helps keeping things organized.

Folders are created automatically in different ways. Can be from apps, by resolution size, etc. Just depends where they come from. I use to hate it. Now I just ignore all the folders that get created. If they bother you, you can delete them. Except those Apple puts there that are permanent. You can also create your own folders, if it helps keeping things organized.
Yep, I understand - it's just annoying is all.