What's new

Photos App Still Annoying...

BBallard

Reaction score
So...sort of tied into my post about Photos from almost a year ago, this thread, I'm wondering is there a way to; A: make the Recents folder not visible, or hide it completely, or; B: indicate photos moved out of Recents to another album or Library be removed from the Recents folder.

I think I know the answer, but thought it worth the ask...:rolleyes:

EDIT: I've got well over 5,000 photos in the Recents folder that don't need to be in there. Some go back to 2017. It's really annoying there's not a way to delete image files from there without removing them from everywhere they might be - cloud, albums, etc. UGH!

Last edited:
All photos are stored in the recents album. If they also appear in other albums those are just bookmarks to the original photo in the recents album. Deleting a photo from the recents album will delete it from all other albums. Recents used to be called the camera roll. To save the photos you could export them to the photos app on a Mac or the pictures folder on a PC. Once they’re stored locally on the computer you can then delete them from your iPhone without losing them.

All photos are stored in the recents album. If they also appear in other albums those are just bookmarks to the original photo in the recents album. Deleting a photo from the recents album will delete it from all other albums. Recents used to be called the camera roll. To save the photos you could export them to the photos app on a Mac or the pictures folder on a PC. Once they’re stored locally on the computer you can then delete them from your iPhone without losing them.
Honestly, I hadn't considered that, thanks for the input. Still seems Apple would want to fix this to be more competitive with Android and the bunches of after-market apps out there. Low priority, I suppose.