What's new

Confirmed: Sprint will offer unlimited data plan for iPhone 4S

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sprint-iphone-unlimited-data.jpg

Sprint is the only major carrier out there with a true unlimited plan. We weren't sure if they were going to offer this plan with the iPhone 4S since the iPhone has been known to be a very heavy data user on the other networks. However, Sprint recently reached out to Engadget and let them know that they will be offering the unlimited plan and it will start at the $69.99 price point.

This puts Sprint in a very unique position and gives them an offering at a great price point that no other carrier can touch. Other carriers (Verizon & AT&T I'm looking at you!) advertise unlimited but they really are not.

You can learn more in our Sprint iPhone Forum area here: http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/sprint-iphone-forum-78/

Source: Sprint will offer unlimited data plan for the iPhone 4S -- Engadget

Great move from them, I'm sure this will increase the number of users that they will gain.

Sprint's pricing is awesome.. I'm sure they will attract a ton of new customers because of it!

With Sprints unlimited plan I think that they will draw quite a few people away from Verizon and ATT. I believe that with an influx of subscribers that Sprints network will slow down just like ATTs did.

I would guess that if that happens, Sprint will switch to tiered data plans in a year from now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Verizon said the same thing when they got the iPhone, that didn't last to long. Sprint is already following the same path as Verizon after getting the iPhone, such as taking away 30 day return to 14 days. Time will tell.

Until they see how much people will actually use it, hopefully it will stay unlimited, all the carriers here used to be unlimited also.. well lots of them and then suddenly they limit you to 1GB or 500mb even

I'm on the grandfather plan for Verizon witch means i still have unlimited data and they cant change it unless i do or i get rid of my data package all together. I'm happy about that but others that are new cant get it unless the switch to ATT.

jbs06civicsi said:
I'm on the grandfather plan for Verizon witch means i still have unlimited data and they cant change it unless i do or i get rid of my data package all together. I'm happy about that but others that are new cant get it unless the switch to ATT.

Well the thing is, Verizon is throttling users after they hit the 2GB mark so it kills the purpose of the unlimited plan :(!

I'm having to use my wifi and watch my data which is lame with Verizon. Can anyone clue me I'm why they target iPhone users over android to throttle.

I'm having to use my wifi and watch my data which is lame with Verizon. Can anyone clue me I'm why they target iPhone users over android to throttle.

Our battery last longer and our system doesn't hiccup every minute. :D

Last edited: