What's new

Computer trust feature in IOS 7

jae83

Reaction score
I read that if you accidentally click dont trust on your iphone when it's connected to a computer there is no way to reverse it and you can't use it with that computer anymore. Is this true?

Interesting question....

So far I've been asked this quite a few times since updating to iOS 7 but said yes each time.

Do to me desperately wanting to know the answer to this question that I asked and feeling discouraged about what I read I decided to get it off my back and call Apple and the answer if you say yes its indefinite it will never ask you again if you say No it just asks you again the next time you connect your Iphone to the computer. On a interesting note though the person who I spoke to at Apple said no feature asking do you want to trust your computer exists in IOS 7 I told her that I had seen it on the Apple Website she checked it out and came back telling me what I said above. You think Apple Employees would know about this stuff.

Apple employees have had less than 3 weeks to learn iOS 7. In fact they were FORBIDDEN to even run the beta. Considering they are still supporting iOS 3 thru 6 as well as the new 7, thinking they should know this is asking for too much.

Apple employees have had less than 3 weeks to learn iOS 7. In fact they were FORBIDDEN to even run the beta. Considering they are still supporting iOS 3 thru 6 as well as the new 7, thinking they should know this is asking for too much.

Pretty much covered here. Remember that iOS 7 and iTunes are both new additions to the table, and as mentioned already, the employees have had only a few weeks of preparation and were not allowed to run the beta iOS's. There are still many kinks that needs to be worked out with both iTunes as well as iOS 7. The new iTunes error 1669 issue is an example. The Genius Bar is at a lack of experience/exposure to the new bugs/errors/issues, and there are quite a few users that have this issue, and all support can say is "We don't know. We've never seen this issue before."