What's new

Comparison of several PVZ Clone Games

lamerr

Reaction score
If you have never played Plants VS Zombies in 2010, you are out! PVZ is the most popular tower defense action video game in 2010, it’s hard to believe that this little game get so much high appraisal in a very short time, of course I became a PVZ fans since I played this game on my PC. After leading a TD adventure tides, PVZ, attracts a huge wave of followers which are called PVZ clones.

I played most of PVZ clone games, such as Leave Devil alone, Bone Bone TD, Pigs VS Wolves, etc, honestly speaking, the ideology is lacking in originality. Recently I downloaded another PVZ clone game called Pets War on App store, the new creativity lies in it even puts MMORPG features on a TD game, the only cons I think that it needs update soon to present a whole story, since the game is not over even pass all levels.

I have also played Pets War. I won't make the claim that it's better (as it's really hard to top the original), but it's definitely better than the other PvZ clones I've seen on the App Store. The spells that others have mentioned are a cool idea, but they don't actually add that much variety to the game. Three of them are just different ways to slow enemies down, and the protection spell is not nearly as useful as it might sound.

Notice petswar on app. For the graphic, basiclly I rate it for 5 star, but the sound, PvZ win.

I think it's silly how someone can make a clone AFTER the original and then people can say "graphics are better." They should be, since it's a clone game. the hard part was figuring out the game, not making it flashy. sigh, as a developer it's sad to see people be so lenient with copycats.