What's new

Command Center Issue

OllieillO

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the Command Center not wanting to slide up while watching a video or playing a game? The tab with the arrow shows up when you swipe upwards to activate it, but it will not let me slide it up. It is toggled on in the Settings as well.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, OllieillO!

When you get the arrow, tap it and swipe up once more. This should get Control Center to your screen.
image.jpg

Thank you very much J.A.!

That does not work. It only functions properly on the lock screen, home screen, anytime a keyboard isn't active, etc.

If I want to change the brightness, activate Bluetooth, etc while in game or watching a movie the tab disappears immediately upon touching it so you can't swipe it up.

I had to try a few times in the app to drag it upwards, but it should work. Try it for a second or third time, if you can't swipe upwards at first.

If it doesn't work, restart your iPhone.

Last edited:
I had to try a few times in the app to drag it upwards, but it should work. Try it for a second or third time, if you can't swipe upwards at first.

If it doesn't work, restart your iPhone.

Ok so I finally got it to work. Apparently I have to start swiping up from the top of the home button (with my finger off of the screen to begin with) for the second swipe to work. If I try to swipe up starting on the tab itself it makes the tab disappear off of the screen again.