What's new

Come Get Some! Duke Nukem 3D Free For A Day!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
duke-nukem3d.jpg

FreeAppADay is offering the classic Duke Nukem 3D iPhone/iPad game for free for today only. I’m not sure why they’ve picked it as today’s free app, maybe as a slightly belated celebration of the fact that the long awaited Duke Nukem Forever console game has finally got a confirmed release date of 2011, some 14 years after it first went into production. Whatever the reason, if you love first person shooters and want to get your hands on one of the classics of the genre, then come get some!

I’ll always have a soft spot for Duke Nukem 3D as it was the first FPS that I ever played when I got my first PC. The fact that such a groundbreaking game (at the time!) can now be played on a tiny little iPhone, iPod touch or iPad still boggles my mind. If you haven’t already snapped it up (it’s been out a while) then by all means get it now. However, a couple of words of warning. First off, Duke (surely the inspiration for Age of Zombies Barry Steakfries?!), is not what you might call a politically correct type of hero, so avoid if you’re offended by some raunchy humour and the odd scantily clad babe or two! And secondly, some people have found the controls of the iPhone version of the game a little difficult to master. You have a choice of two control types: the new type of slider controls and the more traditional dual thumbstick controls. Both take a little getting used to, but I found that adjusting the various sensitivity settings via the options menu helps a lot. Persevere and you’ll soon get the hang of it, and it's worth it for a slice of that old-school FPS magic! Hail to the king, baby!

Source: FreeAppADay