What's new

clear coat

madams

Reaction score
I was in a mall yesterday and saw a product called, "clear coat" that seals in your iphone or whatever with a clear plastic like coating. Has anyone tried it? It is designed to prevent scratches. Here is a link to their website:

Clear-Coat Scratch Protection

This looks to me like a thick Wax. It might keep scratches from showing on a plastic device but with the iphone4's glass i don't think it would help any. Instead of looking shiny and glossy it would look dull....just my 2c. I haven't used it.

Last edited:
In watching a live demo I could not tell that he had placed anything on the iphone. (after the sheet was on it) it looked as clear as before he put the "plastic" sheet over the iphone. i put "plastic" in quotes because I don't know what the substance is made of. Both of my sons have cracked the screen of their iphone.

Umm this just looks like the standard screen protector to me.

In watching a live demo I could not tell that he had placed anything on the iphone. (after the sheet was on it) it looked as clear as before he put the "plastic" sheet over the iphone. i put "plastic" in quotes because I don't know what the substance is made of. Both of my sons have cracked the screen of their iphone.

I'm sorry to hear that! Time to buy cases for your sons ;) A glass crack can never be fixed with buffers/fillers just like a glass window. Unlike scratches on metal/plastic that can. This product would probably work for scratches on the back of a 3GS.

my big concern is protecting my iphone from my keys and pocket change. I have a case for it in case I drop it but wonder how it will stand up to the keys and change.

I would suggest a screen film if you plan on putting it in with keys. It's scratch resistant but against keys it will eventually get some scratches.